[Capdist-auditions] The Rise Above TV Series

shaikh niass shaikhniass8 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:46:48 EST 2015

THE RISE ABOVE is an original independent television series, being produced
to air on channel Albany

(local Channel 18). In the cutthroat world of the performing arts, a group
of long-time friends struggle

to make it big. Will they have what it takes? Highlighting real cast
performances (actors, dancers,

singers, musicians of all types) and featuring strong dramatic themes, THE
RISE ABOVE is an emotional

and entertaining ride through what it means to fight for your dreams.

REQUIREMENTS

NON-UNION / NON-PAY

Copy and credit provided (also IMDb)

•Must be local to the Albany, NY area or have

reliable access to transportation.

•Must have flexible availability & be willing to

contract for up to six episodes (to be shot in

2015). Pilot episode shoots in February.

AUDITION INFORMATION

We will accept VIDEO SUBMISSIONS ONLY

(monologue < 1 min) sent to:

shaikhniass8 at gmail.com

Submissions must be received by:

JANUARY 31, 2015 to be considered. All

candidates will be notified via email.

If you have an additional talent we could

showcase in our program (if you sing, play

an instrument, dance, rap, etc.) please also

prepare a brief demo of your ability to send

along with your video. Thank you!

AVAILABLE ROLES

ERICA MOORE (F/Any/18-25)

Cute, girlfriend of BRIAN; major jealous streak.

ETHAN ROSS (M/All Ethnicities/25-60)

Upscale, clean-cut; all business, film producer.

MIKE O'CONNOR (M/All Ethnicities/18-25) Athletic,

trouble displaying emotions, MUST BE ABLE TO RAP.

JOHN DONOHUE (M/Caucasian/18-25)

Aspiring actor/model from upscale family.

MR. CALLAWAY (M/All Ethnicities/40-70)

Uptight, dry, college professor.

MR. CORTEZ (M/Hispanic/40-65)

Hardworking family man; father of VICTOR and JESSE.

REGGIE DONOVAN (M/All Ethnicities/25-60)

Slick, professional; talent scout for Isics Records.

EXTRAS (Men or women, 18-80)

All types & ethnicities. All roles include dialog.