[Capdist-auditions] Independent Short Film

Tom Helin bigtomata at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:29:38 EDT 2015

Greetings CapDist Auditions! My partner and I are casting for multiple
roles in an upcoming short film. This film is an independent short comedy
about a guy who is down on his luck until fate steps in and sends him on an
adventure with complete strangers. Along the way he learns the value of
loyalty and true friendship.

We are looking for talented actors who are 100% committed, dependable, and
flexible. We plan to shoot the first week of May 2015 in Troy, NY. This is
for NON-UNION / NON-PAY. Copy and credit provided (also IMDb credit
possible). This film should garner some exposure as we plan to premiere the
short at the South Asian International Film Festival hosted by HBO, as well
as submission to Sundance, Cannes, and New York International

Please send head shot, resume, relevant casting information, and links to
any reels or scenes we can watch online to BigTomata at gmail.com  We can not
respond to each individually, but we will contact you if you fit an
upcoming role and would like you to audition.

The roles we are casting for are as follows:

Male Lead - 24 year old aspiring writer, hopeless romantic, worn down from
countless bad relationships

Male Lead's Ex Girlfriend - Mid 20's female, cheats on ML with former best
friend, attempts to reconcile with ML at end, does not care about ML this
character just moves from person to person based on her mood. Selfish, Not
Loyal (2 intense kissing scenes required)

Male Lead's Former Best Friend - Mid 20's male, steals ML's GF, taunts ML
in bar before getting KO'd. Also does not care about ML is not loyal or a
good friend (2 intense kissing scenes required)

Bartenders - Need 2 bartenders must be friendly with the group and offer
words of advice at times (Small but significant Roles with Lines)

Clerk - Convenience Store Clerk Very small role (2 small lines)

Homeless Man - Small significant role No Lines

Extras - Need 15-20 Extras to appear as bar patrons (must be over the age
of 21) Extras will need to be able to make small talk while in background
of scenes and occasionally react to what is going on in the bar.

Tom