[Capdist-auditions] Revised Casting Call

Irene Shamas ishamas12 at simons-rock.edu
Tue Oct 13 19:33:47 EDT 2015

Hello,
I sent out an earlier email looking for women for my piece Lesbian Mothers Don't Get Divorced. I am still looking for actresses, however the scope of the project has changed a bit.

To reiterate a bit about the project, the play is about the delicacy and fierceness of family dynamics, and follows two almost-adult siblings' journey trying to navigate a change they never anticipated. This will be just a reading of the play, with potential for minimal staging. The rehearsal period will take place the week of October 25th, beginning rehearsing that Sunday and rehearsing (with availability) every night that week leading up to three showings of the reading October 29th, 30th, and 31st. There will be minimal compensation, but I am a student and my resources are limited.

I am looking to cast the following:
Son, male, late teens-early 20s, supporting, stoned peace keeper.
Mom 1, female, 40-60, supporting, likes tai chi, bicycle riding, and sex.
Mom 2, female, 40-60, supporting, lawyer, bakes bread, reads poetry, listens to audio books, sews big quilts.

While the breakdown indicates Mom 1 and 2 being 40-60, I am open to casting younger women (30s+) for the purposes of this reading. I will be holding an audition on Monday, October 19th at 6pm in the Liebowitz Black Box Theatre located on the first floor of the Daniel Arts Center at Bard College at Simon's Rock. If you are planning on attending, please send your resume and headshot to me, irene.shamas at gmail.com. Hope to see you there!

Irene Shamas