[Capdist-auditions] Web comedy in search of funny actresses

Richard H. richard.w.hartshorn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:57:28 EST 2016

Greetings -

A local web sitcom about writers is looking to fill one major role and
multiple supporting roles for actresses in the capital region.  The part
will be filmed in spring 2017 (exact dates TBA) for the second season of
the show.

The show, *Slushpile*, is a series of short episodes about a ragtag group
of young-ish artists running a literary journal in rural New York.  The
show contains plenty of pop culture spoofing and literary humor, and
features primarily women and LGBTQ+ characters.  We are looking to add a
few actresses to the cast in season 2.  Check out the first season here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQaIiGr1zGO9YZPpVXTuk-g

The major role is for a Black actress between 25 and 45.
Details: The character is an editor for a literary magazine.  Accomplished,
intelligent, willing to stick her neck out for friends, private about her
personal life but eager to explore new professional horizons.
Actress would need to be available on a few TBD Saturdays in the spring.
Gig is non-paying.  The project is a labor of love, but the episodes will
air on YouTube and you'll be fully credited.

We are also looking to fill supporting roles for actresses of all ages,
ethnicities, and backgrounds, so if you would potentially be interested in
appearing in the series in some form, please do not hesitate to reply to
this casting call.

If interested in either the main or supporting roles, please send a
headshot and contact info to Richard at richard.w.hartshorn at gmail.

Thanks in advance; we're looking forward to working together!