[Capdist-auditions] TANYS Festival 2017-2018 in the Capdist UPDATED

Joel Lord jpl at ilk.org
Sun Jan 17 20:33:58 EST 2016

Some clarifications, written while I am not sitting in a Board of
Directors meeting:

This is an entirely volunteer run Festival.

I am assembling a *bid* for the Festival.  There is no guarantee the bid
will be accepted, although if it appears to be viable our odds are
*extremely* good.  I will undoubtedly be involved in some way with the
Festivals (both years), but life may not allow me the luxury.  I in no
way wish to be Chair.

The position of Chair will need to start involvement nearly immediately
for the 2017 Festival: contract negotiations are underway with venues,
and hotel negotiations have not yet begun.  Also, having some very minor
involvement with the 2016 Festival will allow the opportunity to see how
TANYS Festivals work.

The Chair is responsible for all Front-of-House aspects of the Festival.
  The Technical Director is responsible for all Back-of-House aspects of
the Festival.  Oddly enough, they are *peers*, and both report to the
TANYS VP for Festival.

To apply for Chair, please send me a leadership-oriented CV,
particularly emphasizing event or organization-running experience.  Show
Producer positions definitely count.

To apply for Technical Director, please send a similar CV, emphasizing
technical leadership.  This position is responsible the technical
workups and rehearsals of all shows, opening and closing ceremonies, and
any other "great ideas" that the Committee (under the Chair) sees fit to
attempt.

--
Joel Lord
Web Administrator, Alpha Psi Omega Grand Cast