[Capdist-auditions] Uncle Garfunkel's Auditions

unclegarfunkel at yahoo.com unclegarfunkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 16:28:48 EDT 2016

Come and audition for Poultney's new comedy troupe, “Uncle Garfunkel.” It’s all about the parsley, sage, rosemary, and timing. Auditions will be held at Stone Valley Arts, 145 E. Main St,  on Saturday, Poultney, VT 05764 on Saturday, July 25 from 6-8pm.
For the start-up of this group we are seeking a select number of participants to act as a permanent cast as well as a select number of featured players. We are also casually seeking behind the scenes talent in writing, tech, and music if you don’t like the limelight.

For the audition please prepare (or prepare to do) the following:

1. A comedic monologue (no Shakespeare please, a list of possible monologue can be accessed through this website-http://www.backstage.com/monologues/comedy/)

2. Prepare a short impersonation of a celebrity of your choosing. Also be prepared to read a few lines (provided by the judges) impersonating a random picked-from-a-hat celebrity.

3. The questions game! You will be paired up with another individual auditioning to play an improve game where you can only speak in questions. The judges will provide a scenario. For reference see this YouTube video from “Whose Line is it Anyway?” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAe1JKktG_s)

If you are auditioning please come prepared at 6pm on the dot (and hey, a little early is fine too). We hope to see you on this fun (and funny!) evening. If you have questions or concerns please email UncleGarfunkel at yahoo.com.
Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app