[Capdist-auditions] Friday Night Fringe at the Mopco Improv Theatre

Michael Burns michaelburns57 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:35:24 EDT 2016

The Mopco Improv Theatre, the region’s newest venue, is the home of the Mop & Bucket Co. We aim to present more than just improv. On Friday nights, we’re looking for a wide variety of high quality, unusual acts to take part in our regular Friday Night Fringe evenings. We’re looking for monologists, contortionists, impertinent insubordinates, fortunate new mouth organists, vital old ventriloquists, and passionate percussionists, to name some sample examples. Tapping terpsichorians and prolific poet laureates are all welcome to apply.

Token pay only, as The Mopco is a very small theatre, and ticket prices on Friday’s will be just $10/$5.  If the house is too small, you’ll just get a free soda. But you’ll be able to say you were there back in the day, when now is then...

Please contact hey at mopco.org <mailto:hey at mopco.org> with a concise description of your act.  Video is very helpful, as are any and all pics and reviews, except those written by your brother/mother/significant other.

Note: for the near future, we have to avoid burlesque acts: we think it’s a great art form, but since the building was once a pretty notorious gentlemen’s club, and the “strip club” notion is still a hot button for many of our new neighbors, we’re going to establish our reputation as legit, if quirky, before exploring that particular option. And yes, we know. But they don’t. And survival...

Michael Burns
michaelburns57 at gmail.com
(518)248-7430