[Capdist-auditions] Dynamic Volunteers needed for Science Festival of the Capital Region @ miSci!

Tara Burnham Tara.Burnham at misci.org
Wed Oct 26 13:58:58 EDT 2016

WHAT:           Five day Science Festival including hands-on fun, special performances, presentations, and events. We expect 2-4,000 visitors coming to explore nanotechnology, robotics, natural sciences, chemistry, and more with miSci, the Dudley Observatory, San Francisco's Exploratorium, Jeff Boyer, and other partners!  Visit www.miSci.org<http://www.miSci.org> for daily schedules of performances, workshops and demos.

WHEN:        Volunteers are needed to work in shifts on the following days:

Wednesday, November 9, 12:00 PM-9:00 PM
Thursday, November 10, 8:00-6:00 PM
Friday, November 11, 8:00 AM-9:30 PM
Saturday, November 12, 8:00 AM-9:00 PM
Sunday, November 13, 11:00 AM-6:00 PM
Light Refreshments will be provided.

Volunteer Orientation will be held on Monday, November 7, from 5:30 - 6:30 PM.

AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER DUTIES:

*         Activities preparation- Prior to the Festival, prep materials for use in hands-on activities.  (Times and dates are flexible.)

*         Education Assistant- Share your knowledge and have fun with our guests! Assist with hands-on STEM activities during the Science Festival.

*         Parking Lot Attendant- Valet for the day! Help us keep 2,000-4,000 visitors from experiencing traffic jams by directing parking.

*         Facilities Assistant- Someone has to do it! Assist with day-to-day maintenance and logistics like set-up and break-down of tables, bathroom checks, exhibit maintenance and other activities.

*         Hospitality- Assist with keeping our volunteers charged by maintaining refreshment in our hospitality room

*         Front Door Greeter- Welcome visitors to miSci and direct them to exhibits, activities, and more!

*         Tent Greeter and Usher- Welcome and check visitors into the Festival Tent. During show times assist visitors in finding seating to the special performances.

*         Floating Assistant- Give them a Break! Assist with numerous areas of the festival to allow everyone to take a break.

*         Performance Assistant- Assist our special performers with preparations for their shows.

SPECIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:

Do you enjoy hearing what others think? Are you at ease chatting with people? Adult volunteers are needed to survey science festival attendees. A short training, on Tuesday, November 8th from 5:30-6:30, to become familiar with the survey, talking points, techniques and technology is required.

INTERESTED?

To volunteer, contact Roshni Bhambhwani, Science Festival Coordinator by email at roshni.bhambhwani @misci.org or by phone at 382-7890, ext. 245.