[Capdist-auditions] Steamer No.10 adds August Classes (Fee required)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Sat Aug 12 23:39:46 EDT 2017

*_CAST August Classes Added_*

*Tuition Required – Scholarships Available*

**

*An Irish Cinderlad Tale – Billy Beg and the Bull - **August 14-18*

*Sleeping Beauty - **August 21-25***

*Steamer No.10 Theatre – 500 Western Ave. Albany, NY*
*Info: *518-438-5503info at steamer10theatre.org
<mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>
http://www.steamer10theatre.org/category/summer-programs

*CAST*– Creative Arts at Steamer Ten is our Theatre Arts program. We
produce shows with students aged 7 to 17 with rehearsals at least twice
each week over the course of a 6 week period.  The cast and crew create
the sets and costumes for the show which has up to nine performances
over three weekends.**

*Tuition for C.A.S.T. Students
*There is a $250 tuition charge to cover the expenses of instruction,
costumes, props, scenery, rehearsal and performance space, licensing,
and insurance. Tuition is due at the first rehearsal. Scholarships are
available based on economic need.

*_CAST August Classes Added_*
*Classes:*Mon.-Fri 9:am to 5:pm
*Student Performance:*Friday at 4:pm
*Tuition:$250/week - Ages: 7-17*

*__*

Each week CAST – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten, produces a show that will
be staged on Friday afternoon – Script-in-Hand. On Monday morning
everyone in that Session auditions for a role in that week’s show. We
rehearse each day working on character development, blocking, use of
props, etc. Toward the end of the week we add what sets are available,
lighting, and sound. On Friday afternoon the show will be performed at
4:pm Script-in-Hand for an audience of family, friends, and neighborhood
children. (Script-in-Hand {no need to memorize} removes a great deal of
stress from the actor.)

*_
_*

*_An Irish Cinderlad Tale – Billy Beg and the Bull_*

*August 14-18*

An Irish tale of a young prince, Billy Beg and his pet, a magical bull.
His Step Mother threatens the Bull and together they flee the kingdom.
  After numerous adventures the Bull is killed in a confrontation with
another bull.  As he is dying he instructs Billy to take his magical
tail which Billy later uses to subdue an Ogre, which gives him a pair of
huge boots. Later he defeats a Dragon to save a Princess, but runs away
leaving her with his boot.  She searches all of Ireland to find him, and
the boot fits.

*_Sleeping Beauty_*

*August 21-25*

The tale of a young princess whose parent’s run afoul of a wicked fairy
and she is cursed to prick her finger and sleep for a 100 years. While
her parents try to protect her by burning all the spinning wheels, the
fairy vows to have her revenge. Some princesses are sweet and kind, some
are a bit prickly, but few have to deal with a world that has changed so
drastically, she awakens to a world that has changed and she must learn
about it and how to survive in it.

**

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

---