[Capdist-auditions] Submission - Social Justice Performance for Immigrants Next Week

Lezlie Dana lezliedana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:36:10 EDT 2017

Immediate:  Seeking 4-6 actors of diverse ethnic backgrounds - local to
Saratoga - to perform (gratis) the Lonnie Hicks' poem *"America is an Idea"*
during a short program for the upcoming "All Are Welcome Here" Silent Walk
& Peaceful Vigil, which will be held on Thursday, August 24th, 6-8 pm.  We
will hold one 2-hr rehearsal in Saratoga on Sunday evening (8/2 -- time &
location TBD), with possibility of brush up on Wednesday evening.

The program portion should begin around 7:00/7:10 pm and will run approx.
20 min., followed by a 10 min candle vigil.

The event is being organized by the citizen group, Saratoga Immigration
Coalition, with 3 different starting points for the walk (Race Track,
Beekman Street, & City Center) and all converging at the Spirit of Life
statue in Congress Park.  My understanding of the event's goals is to
educate about the important impact of immigrants on our country and economy
and to show gratitude and support for immigrants in our community.

My apologies for the short turn-around time on this project!

Thank you for your consideration,

Lezlie Dana, Director
MLK Saratoga

*>> Interested & available talent, please send headshot and contact
information (incl cell #) to:  *

*lezliedana at gmail.com <lezliedana at gmail.com>*

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/america-is-an-idea/

https://www.facebook.com/Saratoga-Immigration-Coalition

Saratogian Article 08/05/17:
http://www.saratogian.com/general-news/20170805/event-
in-spa-city-to-show-support-for-immigrants