[Capdist-auditions] Confetti Stage Theater Seeking Season Selection Suggestions

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 17:27:36 EST 2017

Confetti Stage, as a community theater, is always interested in which shows
our community would like to see us produce. To that end, we are now
accepting play suggestions for the 2018/2019 season.

For those who wish to increase their chances of acceptance, the following
best describes what we are looking for in a full season:

-1 or 2 regular, main stage productions, performed in the Albany Masonic
Temple, typically in February and April/May.
-1 Outdoor Summer show at Ten Broeck Mansion that is to be either
Shakespeare or a “classic.” “Classic” in this case means a non-musical
production that is either an important part of theater history or based on
a classic work of literature. We try to keep this production geared towards
families to enhance the fun, sunny atmosphere of summer theater. Not
children, but families. Being within the public domain is a huge benefit
for any suggestions, but not a necessity. Performance in August.
-Confetti Fest, which features original works and not a part of this
selection process. Performance at the Albany Masonic Temple in October.
-The Possibility of a Christmas Show. This is always at an outside venue,
and our past 3 Christmas shows have been at WAMC’s The Linda Performing
Arts Studio. Performances in December.

This guideline is, of course, subject to change based on our needs and
resources.
Our Mission Statement (in case you need some inspiration):

*“Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad diversities which define us as groups and
individuals. Confetti Stage promotes diversity and understanding through
the creation of dynamic and inspirational productions and educational
opportunities. We strive to maintain the highest possible level of artistic
standards while fostering collaboration and mutual respect.”*

The Recommendation form can be found at our website, located here:

https://confettistage.org/get-involved/season-selection-recommendations/

*These forms are to be filled out and returned to us by December 31st,
2017. Please submit no more than 3 suggestions per season.*

You may email them to confettistageinc at gmail.com

Please fill out the form in its entirety. If you are also interested in
directing the show with us, you are encouraged to also submit a production
concept, if you desire.

Thank you for your interest in our work, and we appreciate your feedback!
--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org