[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for the Mopco Improv Theatre

Michael Burns michaelburns at mopco.org
Wed Feb 15 20:55:27 EST 2017

Auditions for improvisers
March 1, 7 PM
At the The Mopco Improv Theatre

We are combining two auditions in one evening.

1. The Mop & Bucket Company seeks one or two seasoned improvisers to fill out our ranks. The company performs weekly Saturday Night  improv shows in various formats at the Mopco Improv Theatre. Successful auditionerss will be invited to a callback. Those who advance from there are invited to become probationary members, working and performing with the company for a three month period, during which the decision is made to invite them to become full members, or to thank them for their energy and effort and suggest other paths. The Mop & Bucket Co. rehearses Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9 PM.  There is token pay for performances, rehearsals are unpaid.

2. A new ensemble of improvisers, working name The Mopco Irregulars, will be cast to train with Mopco Artistic Director Michael Burns. Rehearsals will be held on Wednesday evenings, first performance TBA. We are looking for intelligent, creative, adventurous people with performance experience, but with or without formal improv training, to Jon a new ensemble that will combine creation of improvised, as well as improvisationally developed, performances. (The difference: Improvised shows are all made up in the moment in front of the audience, improvisationally developed shows are (mostly) set pieces that are developed without a script, from scenario or group explorations, and rehearsed like a play.

Please send pic (doesn’t have to be a formal headshot) and resume (It really should be an actual resume, please don’t ask what that looks like) to michaelburns at mopco.org.

Auditioners will be asked to commit two hours to the audition, though they may not be on stage that much time. We stress that we are looking for people willing to make an ongoing time commitment; this is not a four week rehearsal followed by a three week run.

Persons of all colors, genders, and lifestyles are encouraged to apply. We want our theatre to be a rainbow.

Michael Burns
Artistic Director
The Mopco Improv Theatre
michaelburns at mopco.org