[Capdist-auditions] Deadline for Confetti Fest XIII Short Play Fest Approaches!

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:14:02 EDT 2017

Confetti Fest is an original short play festival that seeks to develop and
highlight local playwriting talents.  We are seeking plays written by
Capital Region Playwrights to be considered for participation in a play
development process and our 13th annual short play festival, Confetti Fest 13
in October 2017.  Our short play festival was the first in the Capital
District to feature all original works by local playwrights.  Previous
works from our festivals have been chosen to perform at the TANYS (Theatre
Association of New York State) and ESTA (Eastern States Theater
Association) Festivals, including our 2015 production of "Nailing It" by
Mark Dalton, and our 2016 production of "The Girl With Wings," by Julie
Demers.

*The Play Development Process:*

Confetti Stage believes in supporting the improvement and development of
artist's skills through the production process, and with Confetti Fest 11,
we extended this philosophy to script development for playwrights prior to
the rehearsal period.  The aim of this process is to help playwrights
further explore their scripts in collaboration with an experienced mentor
and refine their work for production.

Playwrights who submit their work to Confetti Fest 13 can expect and must
agree to participate in this script development period during the summer
2017 months prior to rehearsals starting in August 2017.  Script
development will include:

   - Scheduled one-on-one sessions with an experienced playwright mentor,
   who will provide constructive critique and help you explore ways in which
   you can further develop and improve your work
   - Discussing and creating a plan of action to address aspects of the
   work that you and your mentor have targeted for revision
   - A guided revision process, which will result in a refined version of
   your work by the beginning of the rehearsal period

*ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY,
MARCH 31, 2017.*

*SUBMISSIONS MUST BE:*

   - No longer than 30 pages of script AND running time cannot exceed 30
   minutes
   - In 12-pt, Times New Roman font
   - Applicable to our mission statement (see below)
   - An original work by a playwright *currently local* to the Capital
   Region (works that have NOT been previously produced are encouraged)
   - Multiple submissions are accepted, but please make a separate
   submission for each script

*Please include, on a separate cover page OR in your submission email:*

   - Playwright's contact information, including name, email address, local
   address, and phone number
   - The following statement: "By submitting [title of play] by
   [playwright's name] for consideration, I am agreeing to actively
   participate in the Confetti Fest 12 script development and revision
   process before the start of rehearsals.  I understand that if I cannot or
   do not actively participate in play development, the play may be removed
   from the festival lineup."

*Please include with the copy of your script:*

   - A brief synopsis of your play (100 words max.; think what you'd like
   publicity for your play to say).
   - Estimated running time.
   - Character breakdown, including any casting preferences.
   - Set and scene descriptions.
   - Tech requirements (include lighting, sound, costume, prop/scenery
   requirements).
   - Any previous workshop or production history.

**Please do NOT include your name or any other identifying information in
the body of your script**

*Participants of Confetti Fest can expect:*

   - A fun, collaborative process.
   - A fully-staged, off-book production of your script.
   - Full credit in all programs and promotional materials for the festival.
   - Possible adjudication by the Theatre Association of New York State
   (TANYS), as well as the possibility of having your work selected to perform
   at state (TANYS) and/or regional (ESTA) theater festivals.

*Selection Process:*

   - Scripts are chosen through a blind selection process by a committee of
   readers.
   - Playwrights will be notified by Friday, June 2nd, if their submission
   is chosen and will be expected at that time to make arrangements with the
   playwright mentor to start the development process.

Submissions can be submitted electronically to *confettistageinc at gmail.com
<confettistageinc at gmail.com>* or mailed to:

Confetti Stage, Inc.

Confetti Fest 12
67 Corning Place
Albany, NY 12207

Confetti Stage Mission Statement
*Our mission is to celebrate the diversities of human experience through
thought-provoking, challenging productions.  We foster creative expression
in a collaborative, inclusive environment that engages the Capital Region
community.*

Please contact us at confettistageinc at gmail.com with any questions.  We
look forward to receiving your submissions!

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org

(Poster image by Scot of AlohaVictory.com)