[Capdist-auditions] Broadway Young Artists Spring Break Camp - Peter Pan Jr., the Broadway Musical - AUDITIONS (fee required)

Lisa Franklin divalisa7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:56:18 EDT 2017

                                                      Announcing

                             AUDITIONS

For

the NEW

Broadway Sings Young Artists Program

production of:

Peter Pan

The Broadway Musical*

Broadway Voice Teacher, Lisa Franklin

*(students in 25 Broadway shows and National Tours, including *

Matilda, Mary Poppins and Fun Home)

and

Broadway Performer Charles Bergell

*(Jean Valjean in Les Miserables on Broadway, Phantom of the Opera, Evita*
*)*

...have joined forces to embark on an an exciting new educational
theatrical venture!

Joining the BSYA Peter Pan Production Team as Technical Director and
Choreographer is actor, director and theatrical designer *Andrew Higgs*,
well known to Albany-area audiences from many successful local-area
productions, including
13 the Musical, Les Miserables and Hairspray.

In conjunction with our concert production company, Broadway Sings

producer of concerts of leading Broadway performers for events worldwide -
we're excited to announce our very first Broadway Sings Young Artist Program
production!

More than just another youth musical: Broadway Sings Young Artists will
experience MUCH MORE than just being in another musical!

Through individual and group instruction, taught by working Broadway
theatre professionals, they will  be immersed in an intensive theatrical
learning experience centered around the fundamental principles of musical
theatre acting and singing - culminating in a performance with their peers
in a professionally produced and directed musical theatre production.

Our focus will be on not just the finished product (performing the show!),
but on the creative process of acting and learning the fundamental skills
of professional musical theatre actors.

Some of the fundamentals  of musical theatre acting that will be explored

in a creative,supportive, enriching environment include:

- the acting of a musical theatre song

        (understanding and connecting to the lyrics, acting ‘an intention’)

- Broadway vocal technique

        (proper support, diction and projection)

- character building tools

- professional scene staging

- stage focus, energy and listening skills

- professional conduct, practices and demeanor

Future Broadway Sings Young Artist Program events (TBA) will feature master
classes and workshops taught by working Broadway industry professionals,
Broadway field trips.

*Production Note: This production will be the MTI Peter Pan Junior Version.
Due to safety and logistical concerns, this will be a 'non-flying'
production. The production team and actors will use creative staging and
their imaginations to depict the flying scenes instead of flying harnesses
and wires.

Registration Cost: $250.00 due at time of audition on April 8th.

This amount is used to help cover the licensing, costumes, rehearsal and
performance space rental, and other production costs. We also collect a
$25.00 script deposit, that will be refunded when the show script is
returned erased.

Submit Registration with payment by April 1st and receive the ‘Darling
Discount' - $50.00 OFF!!

Please submit payment via PayPal to:

PeterPan at BroadwaySings.com <PeterPan at Broadwaysings.com>

Or contact us at PeterPan at BroadwaySings.com to make payment

*Audition Expectations: *

Auditions for actors and actresses ages 6 to 16 are scheduled for Saturday,
April 8 beginning at 10:00am at Our Saviors Lutheran Church (63 Mountain
View Avenue, Albany, NY).

Applicants should come prepared to sing 32 measures of any Broadway song
and read from the show. An accompanist and CD player will be available. NO
ACAPELLA AUDITIONS will be permitted.

All Roles Are Available!!

    •    Rehearsal Period: April 12 (from 5:00pm to 8:00pm) and April 17-21
(Monday – Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm) at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in
Colonie

    •    Performances: April 21-22, 2017 (Performances Friday at 7:00pm;
Saturday at 2:00pm & 7:00pm, possible added performance on Sunday April 23)

**(Please note: The previously announced production of Annie has had to be
substituted with Peter Pan out of professional courtesy to another
theatrical group already presenting Annie in a similar time frame. We will
look forward to mounting a production of Annie in the near future!.)

About Broadway Sings:

Broadway Sings is a professional concert production company featuring stars
of the Broadway and National Companies of hit Broadway shows.

Broadway Sings was founded in 2003 by two Broadway veteran performers who
met while both were starring in the US National Tour of Les Miserables.
They each subsequently went on to star in Les Miserable on Broadway.
Between them, they have performing credits in Les Miserables, The Phantom
of the Opera, Evita, Miss Saigon, and The Who's Tommy.

Broadway Sings' Executive Producers Charles Bergell and Lisa Franklin call
upon their large network of contacts in the Broadway theatre world -
including actors, directors, choreographers, musicians and designers - to
create exceptional live entertainment experiences for theatrical, corporate
and private events around the world.

Broadway Sings works with a rotating creative team of active Broadway
professionals including Broadway directors, music directors and
choreographers, and designers to create an event with a true Broadway
pedigree.

What sets apart Broadway Sings from other musical reviews is that the
artists in the Broadway Sings roster have all been featured in starring
roles in one or more of the biggest Broadway musical theatre roles of all
time - such as The Phantom and Christine Daae from The Phantom of the
Opera, Jean Valjean, Eponine and Javert from Les Miserables, Elpheba and
Glinda from Wicked - and Franki Vallie from Jersey Boys.

Some of the recent and current Broadway shows that Broadway Sings
performers have starred in include Les Miserables, The Phantom of the
Opera, Cats, Miss Saigon, Wicked, Mamma Mia,  Jersey Boys, Disney’s Beauty
and The Beast,  Mary Poppins, South Pacific,  Jekyll and Hyde, Showboat,
The Addams Family Musical, Into the Woods, A Little Night Music, Ragtime,
Hairspray, Rent, Porgy and Bess, 13 The Musical, Newsies,  Fiddler on the
Roof, Thoroughly Modern Millie, An American in Paris and Evita.

Some Broadway Sings performance highlights include:

In 2005  Broadway Sings was the headlining entertainment for the Five Star
Diamond Awards Gala held at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski in Berlin, Germany.

In 2008 Broadway Sings reached a major milestone with its critically
acclaimed concert at Carnegie Hall's Zankel Auditorium. It was a private
event for the guests of the corporation US Foodservice.

Broadway Sings' educational outreach component, Broadway Sings Young Artist
Program, presents workshops, intensives, master classes and seminars that
connect elementary, middle, and high school students with working Broadway
professionals.

In 2010, Broadway Sings was pleased to present a concert in collaboration
with the performing arts department of Pennington NJ's Hopewell Valley
Central High School - in which students of the theatre and choir were
taught by and then performed with Broadway artists Kimilee Bryant, Ciaran
Sheehan, William Michals, Gina Milo, Carrie Manolakos, Don Brewer, and
Charles Bergell.

On December 31st, 2011, Broadway Sings was delighted to perform to
standing-room-only audiences of over 1400 attendees at the First
Presbyterian Church in Morristown, NJ as part of First Night Morris County
2012.

Look for Broadway Sings National Touring Production, Broadway LIVE!, which
will be coming to major performing arts centers nationwide in the 2017-2018
concert season.

Here are some excerpts of reviews from our clients and audiences:

"Everyone here... is still glowing over the performance of Broadway Sings
at Carnegie Hall Tuesday night... The accolades are still pouring in from
our customers, our vendors and our employees. Customers are calling their
sales representatives to tell them they've never been to an event like
that... The President of one of our vendors just sent an e-mail telling us
that in over 30 years in the business that was the best event he has
attended and he hopes that U.S. Foodservice adopts this format as 'best
practice' in the rest of the country...It is rare these days when an
organization delivers more than it promises, but Broadway Sings is one of
those exceptional organizations.

Bob Marino, Director of Marketing,

U.S. Foodservice

"Killer voices, expressive eyebrows, smiles big enough to see from a
theatre's back row…They managed a balance between big stage presence and
intimacy."

Suzanne Travers

The Herald News

"I was thrilled to hear Broadway Sings. The level of talent within the
group is second to none. They take the best of any Broadway show and
perform it brilliantly. Bravo!"

    Jeremy
Bitz

   Executive
Vice President in Charge of Production

       NY
1

"This amazing group of performers brings the magic of Broadway to audiences
around the world...excels at delivering the Big Apple. Bravo!"

    Debra
C. Aren

    Luxury
Web Magazine Editor in Chief

Broadway Sings invites you to visit their website at www.broadwaysings.com,
and also ‘Like’ them on Facebook, at www.facebook.com/broadwaysings.For
Booking Information: info at broadwaysings.com

Broadway Sings

1.866.35 Sings (Toll free)

941.254.1961 <%28941%29%20254-1961> (Office and Mobile)

800.251.7941 <%28800%29%20251-7941> (Fax)

broadwaysings.com

facebook.com/broadwaysings

<http://facebook.com/broadwaysings>

www.masterclassperformingarts.com