[Capdist-auditions] Funny actresses needed for web series (again!)

Richard H. richard.w.hartshorn at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:28:48 EDT 2017

Hello! A local comedic web series about a fictional group of writers is
looking for a few actresses to add to its second season. This time, we are
specifically seeking Native, Asian, and Muslim actresses, as well as LGBTQ+
folks, to fill a few roles (but we encourage *anyone* interested to reply
to the ad). Many of these are supporting roles that may grow into main
roles later.

For all roles, availability will be needed on TBD weekends in May, June,
and /or July (keeping in mind that our goal will be to film your entire
role in one day if possible).

The show, *Slushpile*, is a series of short episodes about a ragtag group
of young-ish artists running a literary journal in rural New York.  The
show contains plenty of pop culture spoofing and literary humor, and
features primarily women and LGBTQ+ characters.  Check out the first season
here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQaIiGr1zGO9YZPpVXTuk-g

Details on new roles:

   1.

   A female writer local to where the main cast lives. Becomes involved in
   a brief romantic relationship with the main (female) protagonist. Role
   requires absolutely no romantic physical contact. Character appears in 2-3
   episodes.
   2.

   An athlete and aspiring archaeologist who becomes obsessed with a
   particular scavenger hunt. Role requires brief time outdoors in the woods.
   Character appears in 1 episode.
   3.

   Various friends of the main character who are involved in an enormous
   text-message conversation. Characters appear in 1 episode.
   4.

   Assorted extras.

All characters have the potential to return in a future season, depending
on how things go and in what direction we decide to take the series.

Gig is non-paying.  The project is a labor of love, but the episodes will
air on YouTube and you'll be fully credited. We really like to create and
maintain lasting friendships with those who work with us.

If interested, email Richard with headshots and info at
richard.w.hartshorn at gmail.com