[Capdist-auditions] Fw: Voice Theatre Summer Youth Workshop - Tuition based

Shauna Kanter, VOICETheatre skantervt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 11:50:56 EST 2018

Voice Theatre Summer Youth Workshops
July 16th – July 22nd, 2018  Two Age Groups:  9–12   |  13–17
Monday, July 16—Friday, July 20 ~ 9am-3pm
Saturday, July 21 ~ 10am-4pm
Family & Friends Open Presentation Sunday: July 22 @ 6:30pm
VoiceTheatre is all about fun and learning theater skills. In the historicByrdcliffe Theater we create a supportiveenvironment for young people to have fun exploring acting, theatre games, voice,movement, improvisation and performance. Develop confidence, focus and theatreskills while discovering the joy of acting and collaboration in a safe space.The seven-day workshop ends with a free Open HousePerformance for Friends and FamilyJuly 22nd. Classes are led by experienced theater professionals whohave taught at: NYU School of the Arts, Stella Adler and major New York Cityacting studios. Beginners are welcome. Air-conditioned. Sibling discounts.
“This workshop was truly an amazing experience for my daughter. It was wonderful to see her blossom and learn so much in one week. I could see her stand taller and exude more and more confidence as the week progressed. She found her passion, and with it a whole new community, with new friends and people to learn from and look up to. In fact, she loved it so much that she signed up for the fall workshops as well! I can’t thank Shauna and the Voice Theatre enough for this (possibly life changing) experience!” — PetraWorkshops take place in the air-conditioned Byrdcliffe Theater, 380 Upper Byrdcliffe Road, Woodstock, NY.
Instructors: New teachers will include professional actors and members of the Voice Theatre ensemble and movement teacher Maryanne DiPalma. Returning faculty will include Shauna Kanter (faculty Theater Dept. NYU) and Sharon Breslau (Stella Adler trained).SIBLINGS DISCOUNT: Each sibling receives a discount of $25.

REGISTRATION FEE:
$295 PER CHILD. (Early Bird registration before June 1st $265 PER CHILD)

THE DAY:

9:00-9:10am:   Goals / Orientation

9:10-10:00am:   Movement

10:00-10.05am:   Morning Break

10:05-10:55am:   Voice

10:55-11:55am:   Improv

11:55-12:45pm:   Lunch

12:45-2:45pm:   Acting / Rehearsal

2:45-3:00pm:   Wrap-Up / Review

For more info & to Register:
Contact Shauna Kanter at: SKantervt at yahoo.com or call: 845-679-0154
Shauna Kanter Artistic Director, Voice Theatre (office) 845 679 0154 (cell) 917 494 6273
http://www.voicetheatre.orgFacebook.com/Voicetheatre    Skype: shaunakanterGiving voice to extraordinary theatre