[Capdist-auditions] SLOC Fundraiser - Cast Needed

Schenectady Light Opera Info info at sloctheater.org
Fri Feb 16 16:06:33 EST 2018

SLOC JUNE FUNDRAISER – CAST NEEDED!

Calling all SLOC performers!  We are looking to cast this year’s annual
mainstage fundraiser – “Someday at SLOC” – a cabaret of songs from current
Broadway musicals and other shows that have never been performed at SLOC.  This
is your chance to sing some contemporary musical theater while helping us
to earn some much-needed money that will go towards repairing our complex’s
roofs.

Performances will be:  June 15 & 16, 2018 at 8:00pm.

Rehearsals will be:  Saturday, May 19 (12:00-6:00), Tuesdays and Thursdays
May 22 – June 7 (7:00-10:00), and June 11-14 (6:00 – 10:00).

*Requirements:*

*Availability for above rehearsal dates (you may not be called for all
dates, but please list your availability for all. You MUST be available
June 11-14 to be part of the cast.

*Participation in at least one SLOC show (onstage or off)

*Willingness to be in whatever numbers are needed.  We will try to
represent each chosen song accurately, asking people with appropriate
age/voice types to sing.  There will be a variety of adult solos, small
group numbers, and ensemble pieces, as well as a few numbers for students.
Not everyone will sing solo, and you will not get to choose your own song –
please be comfortable with being put where you are needed before
applying.  Each
number will be cast after all applications are in.  You may be asked to be
in one number or several, depending on responses.

**No audition needed to be in the Ensemble!  If you would like to be
considered for a solo, email a video of yourself singing 32 bars of any
song from a contemporary musical that fits your voice type (you may record
yourself singing with a backing track, an accompanist, or a capella). *

*To participate – please email boardsecretary at sloctheater.org.  List your
name, voice part, and availability for rehearsals.  We will be in touch
with further details.  Direct any questions to this address as well.

*ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE VIA EMAIL BY MARCH 15, 2018.*