[Capdist-auditions] Improv accompanist

Michael Burns michaelburns57 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 23:18:32 EST 2018

Hello Capdist: Kindly post?

Accomplished pianist with diverse stylistic abilities needed as an additional accompanist for the Mopco Improv Theatre. We make stuff up. Responsible for collaborating with actor-improvisers improvising songs, and at times underscoring scenes.

Please note: “Improv music” = “jazz” is a false equivalence. We need a keyboardist who can supply pop, jazz, gospel, rock, blues, folk, Broadway Show Tune—If you can improvise like crazy within a narrow jazz style, you probably aren’t the right fit. The ideal candidate would be familiar with improv theatre, and have a working knowledge of accompanying improvisers.

If you are still reading and you have the chops, shoot us an email. Pay per gig. We request some unpaid rehearsal attendance. Please send an email and a resume or sample music  or both to michaelburns at mopco.org <mailto:michaelburns at mopco.org>

Michael Burn
Artistic Director
The Mopco Improv Theatre
michaelburns57 at gmail.com