[Capdist-auditions] Acting Through Song with Equity Actor Alyssa Jones- Fee Required

Berenis, Leigh leigh at saratogachildrenstheatre.org
Tue Jan 23 08:28:22 EST 2018

Acting Through Song Workshop with Equity Actor Alyssa Jones

6th Grade - 9th Grade

This class is limited to 10 participants. Fee:$40
Auditing Fee (Observe Only):$15

*Reserve your spot by emailing Leigh at leigh at saratogachildrenstheatre.org
<leigh at saratogachildrenstheatre.org>!*

We approach the playing of a song like we approach the playing of a
monologue, but we are restricted by the musical rhythm (like in
Shakespeare, we must stick to the metre). This indicates to us a certain
flow of the song, but still allows us our own way of approaching the song,
and how we play it.

Sunday, January 28th 1-3pm. Please bring in your book or a song of any
genre (musical theatre, classical, pop/rock, etc.) that you would like to
work on. You will be able to show your material and work with Alyssa. The
class will participate in discussion and learn from watching each other
work through the process as well as participating!

[image: Inline image 4]

Alyssa Jones has recently moved back to the Saratoga area from New York
City where she received her Actors Equity Card touring the Eastern United
States Coast under Theatreworks USA. Alyssa is an alumni of Marymount
Manhattan College where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Theatre
Performance with a Minor in Musical Theatre in 2013. Alyssa continued her
training at Troy Dance Factory, Broadway Dance Center and HB studio. Alyssa has
been performing regionally around the New England/ New York State area.
Some of her favorite performance roles include; Into the Woods (The Baker’s
Wife), Maggie (Cat On A Hot Tin Roof), A Chorus Line (Cassie/ Dance
Captain), Assassins (Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme) and A View from the Bridge
(Catherine). Alyssa is ecstatic to continue working with Saratoga
Children’s Theatre, having previously directed Shrek jr, High School
Musical jr, and High School Musical 2 jr under SCT. Alyssa is excited to
continue to grow as a teacher and to share her love for musical theatre
with the SCT kids!

Leigh Berenis
Executive Director
Saratoga Children's Theatre, Inc.