[Capdist-auditions] organist position open at Clifton Park church

Donna Barkhuff dwbnp1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:44:59 EDT 2018

*Part time organist position *

Shenendehowa United Methodist Church

Clifton Park, NY 12065

518-371- 7964

*Position Description:* The position of Organist/Accompanist is an integral
part of the worship at Shenendehowa United Methodist Church, contributing
significantly to the quality of worship. The Organist reports directly to
the Senior Pastor; works collaboratively with the Director of Traditional
Music Ministries and the Contemporary Worship Director.

*Shenendehowa United Methodist Church:*Shenendehowa UMC is part of the
growing Clifton Park community.  We have an active congregation involved in
mission activities for people of all ages. Our exciting music ministry
includes traditional vocal choirs, hand bell choirs, youth choirs & youth
band, as well as an adult contemporary worship band.  It is through these
ministries that we focus on our mission of connecting people to Christ and
community.

*Qualifications*:

1.    A high degree of technical proficiency in playing the organ and piano.

2.     Experience playing hymns, accompanying choirs, sight-reading.

3.     Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.

4.     Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.

5.     Willingness to participate in non traditional music (keyboard
desirable)

*Instruments: *Allen digital organ with six ranks of pipes attached; Kawai
Grand Piano; Clavinova and Roland digital keyboards.

*Responsibilities:*

1.     Play organ/piano music for the traditional Sunday service at 9
am.   Generally including but not limited to: Prelude, Hymns (selected
through collaboration), Choral Anthems, Offertory, Communion, Postlude

2.     Rehearse each week with the Chancel and Junior Choirs & occasionally
with other ensembles or soloists.

3.     Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ. These
established practice times will be protected.

4.     Collaborate with the music team for planning and preparation of
worship services and other events.

5.     Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church
office for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.

6.     Additional services that are part of base pay may include special
choir concerts, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter service, Christmas Eve
services. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with
the concurrence of the music team and senior pastor.

7.     Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.

8.     Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and
weddings as able, with fees being paid by participating parties.

Hours: 6 -8 hours per week on average
Pay/Benefits: $10,500 annual salary
May use the organ/piano to provide private lessons

To apply send resume to pastorlee at shenumc.org. Qualified candidates will be
contacted for an audition and interview.