[Capdist-auditions] Casting 1 Male & 7 Females for For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf

Megan Affonso meganmaffonso at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 12:00:20 EDT 2018

Casting 1 Male & 7 Females for For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf
Choreopoem by Ntozake Shange
Directed & Choreographed by Meg Affonso

Auditions: June 11th & 12th 6-9 p.m. at the Albany Barn - 56 2nd St Albany, NY. Rehearsals begin in July
Show runs: September 28th & 29th at the Albany Barn + two staged readings August 28th at Umana & September 21st at SUNY Albany

Casting women of color ages 21+. Ladies, please come to the audition prepared to recite at 1-3 minute monologue that is not from the production & be prepared to sing 16 bars accapella of a spiritual/ballad/lullaby. Dress for movement.

Casting 1 man to do physical/silent acting for For Colored Girls. I am seeking a man of color who is 5’10” or taller with a medium to large athletic build, to stand in as various men that the women speak of in the show. Will need to be available for some rehearsals and the tech run + show on September 28th & 29th at the Albany Barn. No need to prepare a monologue, but I will have you do movement at the audition.

All roles will be paid a stipend at completion of show run.