[Capdist-auditions] ACTING CLASS with Patrick White (Fee Required) now accepting Fall students

Patrick White white.patrick1963 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:45:59 EDT 2018

*MEN ON BOATS, an Acting Class with Patrick White production, featured 12
students who had a blast, grew as theater artists and worked on a Capital
Region premiere! *
[image: image.png]
Maghen Ryan in ACwPW production of MEN ON BOATS. Photo by Adam Wilson-Hwang

"Patrick has a knack for seeing young talent and nurturing it -- Maghen
Ryan's performance in MEN ON BOATS is a great example of recognized talent
and shaping it."-*Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill*

"I've has always loved being around theatre and seeing plays ever since she
was a child. Prior to taking Patrick's class, I had only ever helped
backstage or with set painting. When I saw a flyer for Acting Class with
Patrick White 5 years ago, I knew that this was my opportunity to learn an
art that I had appreciated for my whole life. I contacted Patrick and found
him very open and welcoming to having actors of all experiences and
abilities in his class and was told to bring in a monologue. My favorite
acting memory is during a Scene Night at the Albany Barn I performed the
same monologue I brought into my first class, but with Patrick's guidance,
it was complete with a full physical life and specific character choices.
Since taking Acting Class, I've worked with several local theatre companies
such as Confetti Stage, Creative Action Unlimited, Highlight Acting Troupe,
Circle Theater Players, and J.A.M. Productions. I'm getting ready to start
her 5th year as a student in Patrick's class!"-*Maghen Ryan*

"In a show about discovering what isn't known, the company under the superb
direction of Patrick White, opens our minds in many, many ways. There is no
way I would undertake this voyage with any company of men other than the
ones on stage in Sand Lake, New York."
*-Peter Bergman/Berkshire Bright Focus*

[image: image.png]

*Get your drama onstage!*
All levels welcome to join at any time and work on exercises, monologues,
audition prep and scene study with one of the area's busiest actors and
directors. Available for private coaching for College Auditions. Get on
your feet and do something, work on your favorite play and have the best
time challenging yourself and playing with others. Make this the year you
act on your dreams and get the preparation you need to contribute to the
burgeoning Capital Region theater scene.
New session starts 10/13! Class meets every Saturday morning 10:30-1:30 at
The Albany Masonic Hall in downtown Albany.
$240. for 8 classes.
Start anytime and create your own schedule.
Classwork culminates in a
Scene Night showcasing classroom work, free and open to the public. Email
Contact: white.patrick1963 at gmail.com
*Available for private College Audition coaching. We'll find a monologue
and build your strongest audition.*

Check out current and former students appearing in "A Christmas Carol" at
SLCA/CTP, "ConfettiFest 14" at CSI, "From White Plains" by Creative License
at Albany Barn, "Gloria" at ACT, "The Madwoman of Chaillot" at SCP,
"Miracle on 34th Street" at HAT, "A Murder is Announced" at SLCA/CTP &
"Young Frankenstein" at HMT.