[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for a Dinner Theater Production in Malta

Elyse Young theater at malta-town.org
Thu Aug 22 10:30:13 EDT 2019

Malta Spotlighter's Theatre Troupe announces Auditions for a November production of an original show written by Artistic Director, Elyse Young!

The show, working title "Mystery Takes Hold" at the Mystery Theater takes place in an old Victorian house that has been converted to a theater where mystery dinner theaters will take place!

Some of the interesting cast includes:
Regina- English Teacher turned director; warmhearted
Roger-History Buff, Regina's husband; intellectual
Arthur - egotistical actor; obnoxious
Wiggins-scientist that invents special effects
Buster-sound man that appears onstage
Jenny-sweet shy would be actress
Michaels-Playwright of the play within the play
Ramona-over emotional actress
Jeanette-her friend
Walter-Old man prop master; mysterious
Mime Troupe (funny group of young people)
Yardley-Mime Troupe manager and frustrated actor/actress
Lavina-Cultured English Women who wants to be involved in the production
Skully-High School dropout, long haired troublemaker
Helena-child actress
Ms. Adelle-her agent
Mariana-wants to play the ingénue, very talkative
Tony- Good looking Italian guy that wants to play a mobster.  Thinks he can also do other accents!
Betty and Bobby-twins that help move the scenery in the play within the play
3 Deputies -male and female
...and many more!

There is a play within a play in which many of these characters also become other characters while rehearsing and performing the 'mystery'!  The audience will have an opportunity to try to figure out "who done it"!

The time period is: late 1970s- early 1980s -before widespread use of cellphone and computer research

Auditions are Monday September 9 and Wednesday September 11!  (Same time slots available both nights)
6:00pm-6:30pm        Ages 10-12
6:45pm-7:30pm        Ages 13-Adult
7:45pm-8:30pm        Ages 13-Adult
My preferred audition age range is 10+ with most roles for 16+ and many adult roles.  (I would consider a few children between 8-10 for the mime troupe-contact me if interested)

Rehearsal starts Monday September 23.  Some of the early rehearsal may have opportunities for improvisation!

There are only 2 performances.  Saturday November 16 and Sunday November 17.

Rehearsals will run  Mon & Wed  evenings and many Sundays, with an occasional Saturday.

Please email your preferred date and time and I will schedule you!

ALSO NEEDED (for those interested in being part of the production but don't have enough time for rehearsing the full show)
Costumed Waiters (some might have small roles)
Kitchen helpers -(making the dinner)!

Elyse Young, Artistic Director
Town of Malta Parks and Recreation Department
One Bayberry Drive
Malta, NY  12020
theater at malta-town.org<mailto:theater at malta-town.org>
(518) 899-4411 x 305