[Capdist-auditions] Park Playhouse Summer Youth Auditions THIS WEEKEND ONLY! - NEWSIES & BEAUTY AND THE BEAST - no audition fee (tuition fee if cast/scholarships & assistance available)

Ashley-Simone Kirchner ashley at PARKPLAYHOUSE.COM
Thu Jan 31 10:35:42 EST 2019

[cid:10f9522c-0aa8-4392-b1cb-3daf9ae910c5 at collaborationhost.net]
[cid:773a299d-209b-4c5e-96da-1d6c5a2a775b at collaborationhost.net]
[cid:99f867b6-52b0-442f-947a-b283117843b3 at collaborationhost.net]

AUDITIONS FOR PARK PLAYHOUSE 2019 SUMMER YOUTH PRODUCTIONS

We are pleased to welcome students aged 8-13 to audition for our Park Playhouse Kids production of Disney’s Beauty & The Beast and students ages 13-19 to audition for our Park Playhouse II production of Disney’s Newsies. Students should be within the age range of the program of choice as of July 1, 2019. Note: Park Playhouse does not charge any fee or down payment to audition for our programs. We aim to create a comfortable audition experience for students, especially newcomers. Please read the details below, and email Director of Education Ashley Kirchner at ashley at parkplayhouse.com<mailto:ashley at parkplayhouse.com> with any questions.

Open Calls: February 1 & 2, 2019 / Callbacks: February 3, 2019
at Cohoes Music Hall
58 Remsen Street, Cohoes, NY 12047
OPEN CALLS
Friday, February 1 - Sign-In from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Saturday, February 2 - Sign-In from 11:00am to 3:00pm
Sign-in will be held in the Cohoes Visitor’s Center in the ground floor of the Music Hall at 58 Remsen Street. Please bring a headshot and résumé if you have one - it is okay if you don’t yet have one!  Students should prepare 32-bars (measures) of any song from a Broadway musical or Disney film. Please bring sheet music - a piano accompanist will be provided.  Students will sing their material alone in our audition room, and then learn a short dance combination in small groups. Dance shoes or sneakers are appropriate. Students will be instructed following their audition as to whether they will need to return for a callback on Sunday, February 3 between 10am and 3pm. Note: not all roles are called back - if you do not receive a callback, it does not necessarily mean you’ve not been cast. Callbacks will also be held at the Cohoes Music Hall.

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Park Playhouse II and Park Playhouse Kids are the Capital Region’s premiere summer youth theatre intensives for teens and pre-teens respectively. We offer the area’s largest pre-professional training program for theatre students. Our summer programs include workshops and classes taught by working theatre artists, covering a wide variety of theatrical disciplines. Each program culminates in a full-scale musical production. Note: it is our goal to make the theatre arts as accessible as possible to students from all walks of life and financial circumstances. While our programs do have a tuition cost, scholarships and other funding opportunities are made available. Ability to pay is not discussed prior to auditions, and no fee is charged at the audition. Individual program details are as follows:

Park Playhouse II
Production: Disney’s Newsies
Rehearsal/Workshop Dates: July 8-31, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
Technical Rehearsals: August 1-5 - 4pm to 11pm in Washington Park
Performance Dates: August 6-24 in Washington Park
Tuition: $950 ($850 if paid in full by March 1)
Park Playhouse Kids
Production: Disney’s Beauty & The Beast
Rehearsal/Workshop Dates: July 8-26, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
Technical Rehearsals: July 27-29 - 9am-4pm at Cohoes Music Hall
Performance Dates: July 30 - August 3 at Cohoes Music Hall
Tuition: $850 ($750 if paid in full by March 1)

AshleySimone Kirchner
Director of Education
Park Playhouse Inc.
PO Box 525, Albany, NY 12201