[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for DENIZEN Theatre in New Paltz, NY

Brittany Proia brittany at denizentheatre.com
Sat Mar 23 18:42:22 EDT 2019

*Hello!  I just submitted an audition announcement and I would like to make
a few small edits prior to posting.  The edited version is below.  Thank
you for your help!*

*Best,*

*Brittany*

*COMPANION PIECE and MEEK - Submission Request for Local and NYC Auditions*

*DENIZEN Theatre *seeks audition reservations for the upcoming regional
premiere production of COMPANION PIECE by Kevin Armento, and US premiere
production of MEEK by Penelope Skinner.

In-person auditions will be held *by appointment only-*

Locally, in New Paltz, NY - Saturday March 30th and Sunday March 31st

In NYC -Tuesday April 2nd

Those interested must request an audition time by emailing
Information at denizentheatre.com. Please write the title of the play in the
subject line (i.e. COMPANION PIECE AUDITION or MEEK AUDITION). Attach a
headshot & resume to the email.  Please state if you would like to audition
in NYC or New Paltz, the role for which you would like to be considered,
and if you have access to local housing.

Callbacks may be held by invitation.

All productions will take place in New Paltz, NY between May 14th, 2019 and
June 30th, 2019.

See each role description for specific production dates.

Union & Non-Union contacts are available.  Equity members will be hired
under the Equity Special Appearance Agreement, Level II., $383/wk. minimum,
pending Equity approval. Nonunion: $300/wk. minimum.

Housing provided in New Paltz, NY; however, actors with local housing are
strongly encouraged to attend.

*COMPANION PIECE by Kevin Armento*

*Rehearses May 14thto June 4th; Runs June 5thto June 30th 2019; possible
one-week extension.*

In an age of streaming entertainment and online dating, connecting to real
people can be a challenge. After months in an online relationship, Dolores
comes to New England and meets Leonard for the very first time. This face
to face encounter begins to unravel secrets about his previously lonely
existence. A witty comedy that explores the nature of what it means to make
human connections.

*Leonard*, (CAST) 40s-50s, identifies as male, any ethnicity. Computer
repairman.  Struggles with human connection and loneliness.  He copes by
engaging in a relationship with full scale female doll, which is called
into question after a skype relationship appears in the flesh.

*Dolores*, 40s, identifies as female, any ethnicity. A single-women seeking
connection.  Has established a skype relationship with Leonard that propels
her to finally meet him in person.  She must use all of her instincts and
experiences to determine whether Leonard is a worthy mate.

*Kip*, 40s, identifies as male, any ethnicity.  A friend of Leonard’s from
college, he is married and has a child.  He struggles with the concept of
monogamy.

*Rosemary*, 30s, identifies as female, any ethnicity.  The personification
of a life-sized human doll.  She is an artist who sculpts life like human,
using oversized eyes to help express work.

*MEEK by Penelope Skinner*

*Rehearses July 16thto August 6th; Runs August 7thto September 1st, 2019;
possible one-week extension.*

In an alternate world where private lives become political and the freedom
of expression is not an option, we find Irene imprisoned, unaware of her
crimes. A haunting vision of ruthless state theocracy, tense relationships
and one woman's determination not to be broken.

*Irene*, (CAST) 30s, identifies as female, any ethnicity.  Imprisoned for
an unknown crime.  A free thinker.  Irene is faced with extraordinary
circumstances as she tries to make sense of her new world.

*Anna*, 30s, Identifies as female, any ethnicity.  Best friend of Irene.  A
rule follower.  Tortured by societal expectations versus what it means to
be a true friend.

*Gudrun*, 30s, Identifies as female, any ethnicity. She is a lawyer who
works for the state; however, she is a pro-secularist.  She must navigate
what it means to defend her client according to the standards and rules of
this society.