[Capdist-auditions] In Search of a Drummer

Steve Grogan stevegroganauthor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 13:40:32 EDT 2019

I am looking for someone to play drums on ten songs that I’m going to
record at Albany Audio Associates. This is a studio-only project. My
schedule is full enough as it is without trying to add band rehearsal into
the mix. However, I’ve put too much time and energy into my music to just
let these songs gather dust somewhere.

My songs span several genres: power pop, hard rock, psychedelic, and even
some hints of metal and prog. They have varying lengths. Some are only
three and half minutes, while others are more epic. (The longest one
stretches over ten minutes.) There are also some songs whose length can be
expanded or contracted. By that I mean there are sections where we could
jam on them indefinitely, or we could keep them short and sweet. I’m open
to exploration.

Since I write in different genres, this means I will need a versatile
drummer, one who is comfortable playing low-key or blasting full steam
ahead, one who knows when they should do nothing more than just keep the
rhythm and when they could do a bunch of crazy fills.

I have very rough recordings that I can share via Dropbox. One of these is
an old studio recording with a former band, but the other nine were done
with just my iPhone, my voice, my guitar, my practice amp, and one
distortion pedal. I didn’t use a metronome or anything, so the rhythm most
likely goes up and down, but the recordings are good enough to give anyone
an idea how the songs are meant to sound. I have also arranged them in the
order that I want to tackle them, going from easiest to hardest.

Contact me if any of this sounds appealing to you. Also, you will be
compensated for your time.

Steve