[Capdist-auditions] MACBETH AUDITIONS

Visionary Shakespearean Youth visionaryshakespeareanyouth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:04:11 EDT 2020

Visionary Shakespearean Youth presents their inaugural production of
William Shakespeare’s The Tragedy of Macbeth. Visionary Shakespearean Youth
is run by two teenagers, eager to present the Bard’s greatest plays and
performances to a younger demographic. As most actors do not study
Shakespeare extensively until at least college, we plan to encourage and
stimulate the minds of young actors (ages 13-18) throughout the
Albany/Colonie area who wish to perform verse and prose alike in a modern
twist.

Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we will be holding online auditions and
rehearsals until it is safe to continue public rehearsals and performances,
and hopefully, by early August, perform our production at a TBD venue. We
will encourage our actors and anyone interested to involve themselves with
different parts of the company such as stage managing, assistant directing,
set designing, costumes, etc. This production is completely free to be a
part of.

To get involved, please go to our Google Classroom. The code is: ds6irmv.
Once you join, there is both an Audition Form, and once you have filled
that out, there are Audition Materials and further instructions as to how
you can submit your video audition to us-either by submitting it on a
Google Form or by directly emailing it to us. Please read the Dramatis
Personae and Summary before submitting your audition.  There will be an
optional Zoom meeting on April 29th at 6 pm to discuss any concerns,
questions, or audition sides relevant to this production. We encourage
anyone that is somewhat interested to attend.

Audition submissions will remain open until Friday, May 1st. If you are
called back, you will be asked to schedule a callback time with us and the
other potential cast members. We are willing to cast COMPLETELY
non-traditionally, and will not discriminate with your audition regardless
of sex, gender, race, age, etc. No experience is required! You may audition
for any character of your choosing but may be called back or cast as a role
not aligned or similar to the one you wished for. In your audition video,
MAKE SURE to say who you are auditioning for and then read the necessary
sides. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel to email us at
visionaryshakespeareanyouth at gmail.com