[Capdist-auditions] TONIGHT: VIRTUAL AUDITION CLINIC for potential production of "Clue: On Stage"

Michael Silvia soundmic645 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:50:26 EDT 2020

Classic Theater Guild will be holding a brief Virtual Audition Clinic via Google Meet on Monday, August 24th and Wednesday, August 26th at 7PM. You need only attend one of the 2 Clinic sessions.
Link to the Google Meet event:
 https://meet.google.com/ofe-bftc-tng
We are planning to put on a production of Clue: On Stage in mid-November (Directed by Michael Silvia, Produced by Glenn Read) either live-streamed or via a completely virtual setting (actors at home) on a streaming platform. We are also exploring more streaming or virtual shows/readings in the future and will be gauging interest in those. If you are not specifically interested in Clue, you may still attend this clinic if you wish to be considered for other events. We will be discussing your preferences and what would make you comfortable as an actor during these times.

If you cannot make either Clinic, but still wish to audition, please contact the director at soundmic645 at hotmail.com<mailto:soundmic645 at hotmail.com>

Subsequent auditions will be by appointment via Google Meet, and part of the Clinic will be checking for any technical issues with audio or video, so please use the same device that you will use to audition.
(Preferably not a mobile phone.)

Please keep in mind the tentative nature of all plans in our current environment.
_____________
See below for information about the roles available. Some may be doubled, and swings may be considered as understudies for the main cast:
Clue: On Stage
Character Descriptions
Based off the 1985 film version
Setting: New England, 1954
Maximum cast: 15
Age range: over 18

Male Roles
*Wadsworth (Traditional British dialect) – the butler, narrates &
participates in the action, drives the play.
*Colonel Mustard –pompous, dense military man, often misinterprets words.
*Professor Plum – an academic Romeo, arrogant.
*Mr. Green – Timid, yet officious rule follower. Klutzy and anxious.
Mr. Boddy – slick, James Bond wannabe.
Motorist – kindly gentleman who rings the wrong doorbell.

Female Roles
*Miss Scarlet – Hollywood glamorous, dry, sarcastic, cynical.
*Mrs. Peacock – churchgoing wife of a Senator, batty, neurotic, quick to hysteria.
*Mrs. White – pale, morbid, stoic, may or may not be the murderer of her 5 ex-husbands.
*Yvette (French accent)– flirtatious French maid with her own secret aspirations.
Cop – concerned for the motorist’s whereabouts & suspicious of “the group”.
Cook – a threatening presence.
Singing Telegram Girl/Reporter – cute, perky tap dancer/asks “whodunit?”
*indicates the main players
Swings to play:
“Dark Figures” who murder the victims
Agents who help catch the culprit

______________________
Below are likely guidelines for a LIVESTREAM production which we will discuss at the clinic:
The health and safety of cast, crew and guests of Classic Theater Guild is of utmost importance. EVERYONE participating in a LIVESTREAM production will be expected to adhere
to the following guidelines and protocol:
This production will be rehearsed outdoors whenever possible, and in a large open indoor space (our theater space inside of Congregation Beth Israel on Upper Union Street, Schenectady) in passing inclement weather. You will be expected to wear a mask and sanitize your hands if you need to go into the temple.
Rehearsals will be scheduled at least 4 nights/week given the short timeline and the potential for canceling rehearsals if raining all night.
Temperatures will be checked before each rehearsal and performance. If you have a temperature greater than 100.4F then you will be asked to leave.
If you are feeling ill or exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms, please STAY HOME and notify the production staff.
Hands must be washed/sanitized before every rehearsal and performance. Sanitizer will be provided.
Masks must be worn when not "onstage" if proper social distancing is not possible. Masks may also be incorporated into the staging, but will not be used the entirety of the play.
Other guidelines will be presented at the first rehearsal.
It MUST be understood, that due to any number of circumstances in these uncertain times, this production may have to be modified or postponed at any time.