[Capdist-auditions] Confetti Stage Seeking Original Short Plays for Confetti Fest 16

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 18:30:44 EST 2020

Confetti Fest is an original short play festival that seeks to develop and
highlight local playwriting talents.  We are seeking plays written by
Capital Region Playwrights to be considered for participation in a play
development process and our 16th annual short play festival, Confetti Fest
16 in October 2020.  Our short play festival was the first in the Capital
District to feature all original works by local playwrights. Previous works
from our festivals have been chosen to perform at the TANYS (Theatre
Association of New York State) and ESTA (Eastern States Theater
Association) Festivals and have won awards for acting, directing, writing,
and technical achievements.

The Play Development Process:

Confetti Stage believes in supporting the improvement and development of an
artist's skills through the production process, and we extend this
philosophy to script development for playwrights prior to the rehearsal
period.  The aim of this process is to help festival playwrights further
explore their scripts by meeting with each other and offering mutual
feedback after a table read.

Playwrights who submit their work to Confetti Fest 16 can expect and must
agree to participate in this script development period during the summer
2020 months prior to rehearsals starting in August 2020.  Script
development will include:

   -

   Scheduled table read with playwright peers, who will provide
   constructive feedback overseen by a Confetti Stage board member and help
   you explore ways in which you can further develop your work.
   -

   Discussing and creating a plan of action to address aspects of the work
   that you have targeted for revision.
   -

   A guided revision process, which will result in a refined version of
   your work by the beginning of the rehearsal period.

ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MARCH 31,
2020.

SUBMISSIONS MUST BE:

   -

   Less than 25 minutes long. Judges WILL read selected plays out loud to
   ensure that they do not go over that limit. If your play does go over,
   agreeing to shorten the length before auditions will be mandatory to
   your play's acceptance. Confetti Stage reserves the right to eliminate a
   play from the festival if this guideline is not followed
   -

   Separate from the previous guideline, we will be working to keep the
   entire length of the festival in check. In cases where the total
   performance time needs to be shortened, all playwrights will be encouraged
   to work with their playwright peers and directors in finding ways to trim
   -

   Typed In 12-pt, Times New Roman font
   -

   Applicable to our mission statement (see below)
   -

   An original work by a playwright currently local to the Capital Region
   (works that have NOT been previously produced are encouraged)
   -

   Multiple submissions are accepted, but please make a separate submission
   for each script

Please include, on a separate cover page OR in your submission email:

   -

   Playwright's contact information, including name, email address, local
   address, and phone number
   -

   The following statement: "By submitting [title of play] by [playwright's
   name] for consideration, I am agreeing to actively participate in the
   Confetti Fest 16 script development and revision process before the start
   of rehearsals.  I understand that if I cannot or do not actively
   participate in play development, the play may be removed from the festival
   lineup."

Please include with the copy of your script:

   -

   A brief synopsis of your play (100 words max.; think what you'd like
   publicity for your play to say).
   -

   Estimated running time.
   -

   Character breakdown.
   -

   Set and scene descriptions.
   -

   Tech requirements (include lighting, sound, costume, prop/scenery
   requirements).
   -

   Any previous workshop or production history.

*Please do NOT include your name or any other identifying information in
the body of your script*

Participants of Confetti Fest can expect:

   -

   A fun, collaborative process
   -

   The opportunity to sit in during auditions and offer advice before the
   casting takes place (although not during the casting process)
   -

   A fully-staged, off-book production of your script
   -

   Full credit in all programs and promotional materials for the festival
   -

   Possible adjudication by the Theatre Association of New York State
   (TANYS), as well as the possibility of having your work selected to perform
   at state (TANYS) and/or regional (ESTA) theater festivals (pending approval
   and availability of cast and director)

Selection Process:

   -

   Scripts are chosen through a blind selection process by a committee of
   readers.
   -

   Playwrights will be notified in June if their submission is chosen and
   will be approached by the selection committee with information on when the
   playwright table read/feedback session will begin.

Submissions can be submitted electronically to confettistageinc at gmail.com
or mailed to:

Confetti Stage, Inc.

Confetti Fest 16

67 Corning Place
<https://maps.google.com/?q=67+Corning+Place+Albany,+NY+12207&entry=gmail&source=g>

Albany, NY 12207
<https://maps.google.com/?q=67+Corning+Place+Albany,+NY+12207&entry=gmail&source=g>

Confetti Stage Mission Statement

Our mission is to celebrate the diversities of human experience through
thought-provoking, challenging productions.  We foster creative expression
in a collaborative, inclusive environment that engages the Capital Region
community.

Please contact us at confettistageinc at gmail.com with any questions.  We
look forward to receiving your submissions!

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org