[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for Ad Astra's 4th season

Maya TerryStein pennyterrystein at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 20:21:41 EST 2020

From: 	Maya TerryStein, Executive Producer, Ad Astra Theatre Troupe, Ltd.
Contact:	 adastratroupe at gmail.com <mailto:adastratroupe at gmail.com> (518) 937- 6463

Audition Notice for
Triangle

WHAT
Coming this spring, Ad Astra Theatre Troupe, a student run theatre group, presents it’s fourth season main stage play, Triangle by Laurie Brooks.
There is no fee to participate. There will be opportunities for students to perform on stage, as well as work behind the scenes.

Set against the backdrop of the historic Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire of 1911, this stylistically thrilling play explores the immigrant experience then and now through the tragedy of the “fire that changed America.” Sophie, a 16 year old seamstress who died in the fire, haunts Malena, a modern Hispanic girl in conflict with her sister, Isabel. Sophie is filled with guilt because she did not save her sister, Rose, from the fire and now cannot find her. When Sophie, along with the ghosts of other dead factory girls, appears to her, Malena encourages Sophie to tell her story, never imagining they will all be transported back in time to relive the tale. An ensemble of actors portrays the ghosts of those who died in the fire and seamlessly takes on individual roles in Sophie’s story. In this tale of regret, responsibility, and forgiveness, Sophie reveals her terrible secret and finds peace while helping Malena see her sister in a new light.

WHEN
Auditions – 3:00-6:00pm, February 1st
Callbacks – 3:00-6:00pm, February 8th

Rehearsals will take place most Saturdays and Sundays from 3pm to 6pm starting March at the Bloom Movement Studio in Saratoga Springs.

WHERE
Bloom: A Movement Studio, Suite 1000, 153 Regent Street, Saratoga Springs, NY

WHAT TO EXPECT
Please register by sending an email to adastratroupe at gmail.com <mailto:adastratroupe at gmail.com> before February 1st. After we receive your registration, we’ll send you an audition packet that includes a form to help us get to know you a bit better, a plot summary, and the character descriptions. You will be asked to prepare a contemporary monologue of your choosing to perform at auditions.

This is Ad Astra Theatre Troupe’s fourth season. For more information, please visit our web site www.adastratroupe.org <http://www.adastratroupe.org/>.

WHO ARE WE
Ad Astra Theatre Troupe is a non-profit student-run performance company focusing on spreading education, confidence, and a sense of community through the arts. We come from all parts of the Capitol District, from Albany to Glens Falls. We’re unique because of our aim to enable local high-school students through all forms of theatrical development, with new opportunities in direction, production, choreography, technical direction, publicity, play writing, and stage management, with little to no cost to families.