[Capdist-auditions] IMPROV COMEDY CLASS at ACCR (Fee Required)

David Braucher dcbraucher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 10:25:18 EST 2020

IMPROV COMEDY CLASS at ARTS CENTER OF THE CAPITAL REGION

WHERE: Arts Center of the Capital Region, 265 River St, Troy, NY.
518-273-0552
WHEN: Wednesdays 7-9 PM, January 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 4, 2020.
FEE: $95 member; $105 non-member.
WHAT:
--Fast-paced, high energy, hands-on workshop
--Create characters and original comedy material
--Acquire confidence and widely applicable comedy skill.
--Performance Games.
--Short Form/Long Form.

THE INSTRUCTOR:
DAVID BRAUCHER, professional actor (AEA, AFTRA), teacher, director.  45
years experience.
Worked with Leila Kenzle ("Mad About You"), Carol Woods ("Ma Rainey's Black
Bottom"), John Rue ("Boardwalk Empire", "House of Cards"), Kathleen
Kellaigh ("Guiding Light"), Ken Levine (Head Writer "M*A*S*H" and
"Cheers"), etc.  Director of Improvisation at Paul Sorvino's American Stage
Company and William Carlos Williams Center for the Arts.  Originated "Good
Clean Fun, the Improv Company" and "Manhattan Improv Company". Trained
improvisers in Funny Ladies, Possible Side Effects, Awkward Kids Talking,
Goodhead and Attitude, Group Therapy, and many others.

WHAT THEY SAY:
"David taught me a technique and an approach to comedy that has served me
my whole career."
... David Calvitto, Actor "12 Angry Men", Garrick Theatre, London.

" ... A wonderful teacher."
... Kevin Kittle, Head of BFA Acting Program, Mason Gross School of the Arts

" ... An extremely gifted, knowledgeable and passionate teacher and artist."
... Barbara N. Howard, Actor, The Rep, Soul Rebel Performance Troupe.

" ... the most dedicated professional I know, and the best kind of teacher
there is: present, consistent, challenging and loving."
... Joan Palmeri, NCLEX Whisperer.
David Braucher
"Everyone can act. Everyone can improvise."