[Capdist-auditions] SLOC Musical Theater-Call for Directors Due Sunday

Schenectady Light Opera Info info at sloctheater.org
Thu Apr 8 21:24:57 EDT 2021

[image: SLOClogo-color-H.jpg]

This past year without live performances at SLOC Musical Theater has been
excruciating for us.  We are thrilled, however, to begin planning our 95th
season!

In past years, we have asked directors to submit shows that they would like
to direct.  This year, the Board of Directors has already selected the
shows to meet our requirements of small casts and simply staged
productions. We are now reaching out to find directors that are interested
in bringing their vision of these shows to life.

   - *Ordinary Days*: September 24-October 3, 2021 (with a possible
   extension to October 10 TBD)
   - *Songs for a New World*: January 28-February 6, 2022 (with a possible
   extension to February 13 TBD)
   - *Violet*: May 6-15, 2022 (with a possible extension to May 22 TBD)

When completing your application, please be sure to identify as much of
your production and design staff as possible and clearly outline your
artistic vision for the production.  We encourage unique and unconventional
interpretations of these productions that will celebrate a diverse and
inclusive cast, crew and staff representing a variety of backgrounds,
races, ethnicities, ages, gender identities, and types.

Please review the attached Directors FAQ and Directors Application (also
available on our website <http://sloctheater.org/calling-all-directors/>).
Complete 1 application for each show that you're interested in directing.
Include an artistic resume highlighting directorial and production
experience.  Following the review of submissions, Director Candidates may
be asked to interview with the Show Recommendation committee prior to final
selection by the Board of Directors.

*Send completed applications to showrecommendation at sloctheater.org
<showrecommendation at sloctheater.org> no later than April 11, 2021 at 6 pm.
  *

We sincerely appreciate your interest and commitment in creating quality
musical theater with SLOC, just as we have done for the past 94 seasons in
Schenectady!

www.sloctheater.org