[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for The Climb - Creative Action Unlimited

Michael Kennedy msmichaelkennedy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:09:50 EST 2021

Tuesday March 2 at 6:30 pm

On Zoom
Meeting ID: 852 3899 3024
Passcode: 049460
Creative Action Unlimited is holding open virtual auditions on Tuesday
March 2 at 6:30 pm for our November 2021 film, The Climb. This production
will focus on class and race, and will be offered as an independent film
and as a companion piece to Whitewashed: the racism project. The Climb will
be directed by Michael Kennedy, assistant directed by Maghen Ryan, and
filmed by Logan Rando.
There is no need to prepare in advance for auditions. We’ll be reading from
provided materials and everyone auditioning will be present in the Zoom
room together. Please send an email to msmichaelkennedy at gmail.com or a text
to 518-496-4992 to let Michael know you plan to participate.
We are committed to a diverse cast of approximately 7 actors to work
together virtually to develop this original production, with Michael’s
guidance. Based on the availability of the cast, we will meet on Zoom from
March – September to develop scripted material and build an ensemble, and
then we will film in September. This collaborative process requires
willingness to share personal experiences with the group, occasionally
interview others about the topic, and write performance pieces, as agreed.
It will also require that all cast members have completed vaccinations for
COVID-19 by the time of filming.
We recognize that this script development process may be new to some of you
but we encourage you to take the risk! Creative Action Unlimited is
dedicated to providing a safe space for the exploration of difficult social
issues and has an established history of strong artistic collaboration
among members of the creative team.

--

Michael Kennedy, Artistic Director
Creative Action Unlimited