[Capdist-auditions] Next Weekend - Auditions for Finding Home

Garrett West garrettdwest at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 17:27:49 EDT 2021

The Bunbury Players will be holding auditions for a staged reading of the original play FINDING HOME, written and directed by Timothy M. Frost.

“Blood is thicker than water” is not a philosophy that can be used here as we look into the lives of a family that breaks apart when the father is found sleeping with his wife’s sister. But as it was to save her life, does that make it justifiable? FINDING HOME explores social issues of domestic abuse, self preservation, self discovery and finding our place in this world when we no longer can call our birth family “home”.

Auditions will be held at Program Room C at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library on Saturday, July 31st from 2PM-4PM.

Rehearsals will be held at Mr. Frost’s home in Clifton Park every Thursday evening in August and Wednesday evening in September.

The performance will be Saturday, September 18th at 2:30PM at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.

CHARACTERS

John - 30s, Father, caring, compassionate, and funny. Nice and helpful to a fault. Would know some sign language.

Carol Ann - 30s, Mother, loving and sensitive. Blunt and sarcastic. Hidden insecurities. Would know some sign language.

Sarah - 30s, Wife's sister, sensitive, kind, battered wife.

Paul - 20s, Eldest son. Deaf. Kind, but increasingly depressed and isolated as years go on from an illness and becoming deaf. Will know sign language.

Scott - 20s, Middle son, gay, sarcastic, more rigid as he grows up. Would not know sign language.

Janie - 20s, Youngest Daughter, tomboyish, caring, loving like father, blunt like mother. Would know some sign language.

(Ensemble roles)

Doctor/Ryan/Jerold
Stephanie/Guard
Nurse/Cellmate

**All roles open to people of all ages, ethnicities, and gender identities. Knowing sign language is not required, but a bonus!

For more information, please send an email to FrostTim33 at gmail.com.