[Capdist-auditions] Steamer No.10 Re-Opens CAST Summer – August (fee required-scholarships available)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Wed Jul 28 14:06:02 EDT 2021

Steamer No.10 will offer a limited version of the CAST Summer Sessions –
4 weeks, producing a different one-act show each week for students 7 to 18.

*We will have un-vaccinated students so everyone will wear masks while
inside.*

*For more info:*
*info at steamer10theatre.org* <mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>**
Ages 7 to 18
Monday to Friday:9:am to 5:pm
Tuition: $300(_includes a $50 – nonrefundable registration fee_)
Scholarships are Available
Performance: Friday Afternoon at 3:pm
*http://www.steamer10theatre.org/cast-summer-sessions
<http://www.steamer10theatre.org/cast-summer-sessions>*

Each week CAST produces a show that is staged on Friday afternoon –
Script-in-Hand.On Monday morning everyone auditions for a role in that
week’s show.We rehearse each day working on character development,
blocking, use of props, etc.Toward the end of the week we add what sets
are available, lighting, and sound.On Friday afternoon the show will be
performed Script-in-Hand for an audience of family, friends, and
neighborhood children.

*We will be running our CAST one-week Sessions in August:*

  * ·*Aug. 2-6 – Shakespeare and Stage Comba*t – We work on different
    scenes from Shakespeare, then add physical brawls to sword fights
    that bring the scenes to life.
  * ·*Aug. 9-13 – Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz* – a great, short version
    of the show that gathers in all the main characters. (Not the Musical)
  * ·*Aug. 16-20 – Billy Beg and the Bull* – A traditional Cinderella
    tale, except Cinderella is a boy named Billy, an Irish Prince who
    does not get along with his step sister, whose fairy godmother is
    his pet Bull, and a Princess he saves from a Dragon searches all of
    Ireland to find him using the boot he left behind.
  * ·*Aug. 23-27 – Egyptian Cinderella* – One of the oldest versions of
    Cinderella and even brings in an Egyptian god to serve as the
    match-making fairy godmother.

Monday to Friday 9:am to 5:pm – Performance at 3:pm on Friday
Tuition is $300/week – scholarships available