[Capdist-auditions] Be Scene 2021 - Call for Submissions

David Rook daviderook at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:40:50 EDT 2021

*BE SCENE 2021*

Saturday, July 10th at 7:30pm on Schenectady Civic Players’ main stage!

Be Scene is Back!

*Co-Producers*:

            Colleen Lovett and David Rook

Is there a scene you’ve always wanted to do? Do you have a friend you’ve
been dying to do a show with? Well, here’s your chance! Perform anything
you want, with anyone you want in the Schenectady Civic Players’ “Be Scene
2021” on Saturday July 10th, 2021.

SCP and the Be Scene 2021 co-producers will be guided by appropriate Covid
rules, guidelines, and precautions.  Bring your mask. Get vaccinated.

*What is Be Scene?*

   - A night of scenes, acting, friends, and fun!
   - It’s simple; get a group together or go solo. Choose a scene or a
   monologue and submit it to *bescene at civicplayers.org
   <bescene at civicplayers.org>* for consideration. (Preference will be given
   to scenes this year to give as many people possible an opportunity to be on
   the boards.)
   - A scene selection committee will be reviewing all submissions and
   creating a program based on time and variety.
   - The contact people for selected scenes will be notified by phone or
   email, please indicate your preferred contact method when submitting scenes.

*2021 Schedule (note the additional mandatory date)*:

ONE Tech/Dress for all participants on Friday, July 9th at 7:00pm.

Performance on Saturday, July 10thth at 7:30PM (Call is 6:30PM)

*Here are the rules*:

   - Groups may consist of one actor performing a monologue or multiple
   individuals with or without a director. (Preference is going to scenes this
   year.)
   - Submitted scenes should be *no more than 8-10 minutes* in length.
   This limitation is critical.  Please mind the maximum length.
   - Set pieces will be very limited. We’re thinking a few four legged
   chairs, an end table, and a coffee table.
   - Props must be managed and carried by actors.
   - Space will be limited and not all scenes may be selected.
   - All participants will be responsible for their own rehearsals and
   production needs. Set, lights, sound and costumes should be kept to a
   minimum; ideally, pieces will focus on the actors and their work.
   - Original works will be considered.
   - At this time musical numbers will not be accepted.

*SUBMISSIONS*

Submissions should be sent no later than Sunday, June 6th, 2021. Email
bescene at civicplayers.org

*We anticipate a number of submissions. Submissions received prior to the
deadline will be given priority in selection process.*

*Submissions should include (extra credit for complete submissions):*

*●   Submitter Name, Email, and Phone:*

*●   Is submitter the primary contact?  (Yes or No)   If no, Name, Email
and Phone of primary contact.*

*●   Name of Piece:*

*●   Author of Piece:*

*●   A PDF of Piece:*

*●   Estimated Duration of Piece:*

*●   Number of Actors:*

*●   Names of Actors and Roles:*

*●   If applicable, Name of Director:*

*●   Desired Set Pieces (We are keeping this to some very basic pieces some
four legged chairs, an end table, and coffee table):*

*●   Desired Props (example: phone, glassware, etc.) (bring your own):*

*SELECTIONS*

You may be requested to show a rough run of your work prior to selection.

Selected Scenes will be notified by email once the final program has been
chosen.  We expect to select pieces by Thursday, June 10th.

The running order for the final program will be determined closer to the
performance night at the discretion of SCP and the co-producers.

*PERFORMANCE EVENING*

The performance will be Saturday, July 10th at 7:30pm and open to the
general public as a Pay-What-You-Will evening.

We hope to have a post-performance social event. We will be guided by all
rules applicable to Covid precautions.

Don’t miss this special event at SCP. Have fun with your friends and
celebrate the community aspect of Community Theater!

If you’re interested in participating but don’t have a scene partner simply
let us know, provide your information and if enough participants are
interested, we will make an introduction.