[Capdist-auditions] Carpe Diem Theater - Register for Our July Summer Camp Today! (Tuition Based Program)

Alexandra van den Heever vandy at carpediemtheater.org
Mon Apr 11 11:36:41 EDT 2022

Registration is Now Open for Carpe Diem Theater's July Summer Camp!

[cid:24642ec2-6fd6-4110-87de-6f85a088fd8d]

Register HERE today!<https://forms.gle/h1kQU8EwSzPNTCKn7>

Carpe Diem Theater is a children's summer day camp hosted in the historic Round Lake Auditorium, in Round Lake, NY. This intensive four-week program engages children in daily rehearsals, theatre games, master classes, ​and final performances that are sure to impress audience members young and old.

CAMP will take place in July 2022 for two different age groups:

CARPE DIEM KIDS | Campers entering grades 2 through 6 in Fall 2022
SUMMER STARS | Campers entering grades 7 through 10 in Fall 2022

This year, our CARPE DIEM KIDS will be performing Seussical KIDS (MTI 30 minute version)
and our SUMMER STARS will be performing The Addams Family (Young at Part 1 hour version).

Additionally, we are thrilled to once again host our FREE workshop series ROOTS the last week of June! This is included in registration if your camper is interested in attending.

To find out more information and see a full schedule please visit our website at carpediemtheater.org<http://carpediemtheater.org/> or our Facebook page<http://facebook.com/carpediemtheater>.

Auditions: May 9 and 10

Auditions will be held at the Round Lake Auditorium. Come either May 9 or 10 at the following times:

     *   Carpe Diem Kids: 5:00-6:30pm
     *   Ensemble Meeting (both programs): 6:30-7:00
     *   Summer Stars: 7:00-8:30

PLEASE READ:
We are excited to offer an Ensemble Meeting for the first time in our history! This is designed for kids who are nervous about auditions and aren't interested in lead roles, but still want to be part of camp. They won't have to do a traditional audition or sing or dance for us; instead, they will meet our counselors, who will tell them about the summer and lead some activities. Campers coming to the Ensemble Meeting should still plan to wear clothes they can move in.

Those auditioning for lead roles in either show will be asked to sing songs from the shows, which we will provide musical tracks and sheet music for on our website<http://carpediemtheater.org/camp>. This is preferred but not mandatory - campers will not penalized if they choose to sing something else, and will still be considered for all lead roles.

If more than 40 campers register for The Addams Family, we will be casting understudies for the lead parts in order to create more opportunities for the older campers. The Saturday matinee will be an understudy performance (Understudies will perform as ensemble members the rest of the shows. During the Saturday matinee, leads will perform as ensemble members.)

Read-through: May 12

The read-through will also be held at the Round Lake Auditorium at the following times on May 12. Campers will receive their scripts at the read-through.

     *   Carpe Diem Kids: 5:00-6:00pm
     *   Summer Stars: 6:30-8:00pm

If you have any concerns about making these dates, or have any other questions, please contact us at vandy at carpediemtheater.org<mailto:vandy at carpediemtheater.org> and we'll discuss the options.

Tuition Cost

     *   Carpe Diem Kids: $500 each
     *   Summer Stars: $550 each

Families with multiple campers will receive a discount: $50 off of the total cost for 2 campers, $75 for 3, $100 for 4.

Though we have a set rate for tuition, we are pleased to offer a Pay-What-You-Like Tuition Plan if you need to pay a different amount - we would rather our program be affordable and allow every child to participate than receive full tuition. We also have payment plan options. The tuition form is here<https://forms.gle/91EykTYkgUAPpefz5>, and is linked in the registration form as well. Every request is confidential, no questions asked. We can absolutely talk through the possibilities with you if you'd like.

REGISTER HERE TODAY!<https://forms.gle/h1kQU8EwSzPNTCKn7>

Please let us know if you have any questions. We already can't wait for the summer!

ALEX "VANDY" VAN DEN HEEVER
Executive Director
Carpe Diem Theater
518-322-8955