[Capdist-auditions] SLOC Call for Directors

Schenectady Light Opera Info info at sloctheater.org
Sun Jan 9 10:55:23 EST 2022

[image: SLOClogo-color-H.jpg]

SLOC Musical Theater is excited to begin the process of planning our 96th
Season!

The Board of Directors is accepting submissions for 5 full scale musicals
and 1 play to be presented between September 2022 and July 2023.  You read
that right.  We are looking to add 1 non-musical play to our season in the
Summer of 2023.  Don’t worry-we have new Air Conditioning to make a summer
show nice and cool!

Please review the attached Director FAQ and Director Application (also
available on our website at sloctheater.org
<http://sloctheater.org/calling-all-directors/>).  Complete 1 application
for each show that you're interested in directing.  Include an artistic
resume highlighting directorial and production experience. Following the
review of submissions, Director Candidates may be asked to interview with
the Show Recommendation committee prior to final selection by the Board of
Directors.

When completing your application, please be sure to identify as much of
your production and design staff as possible and clearly outline your
artistic vision for the production.  We encourage unique and unconventional
interpretations of these productions that will celebrate a diverse and
inclusive cast, crew and staff representing a variety of backgrounds,
races, ethnicities, ages, gender identities, abilities, shapes, sizes, and
types.

Send completed applications to showrecommendation at sloctheater.org no later
than February 6, 2022 at 6 pm.

We sincerely appreciate your interest and commitment in creating quality
musical theater with SLOC, just as we have done for the past 95 seasons in
Schenectady!