[Capdist-auditions] School of Rock Auditions next month!

Kayla Toney kaylaetm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:08:01 EDT 2022

GFCT presents SCHOOL OF ROCK

Performances November 17-20, 2022

Wood Theater, Glens Falls

Based on the hit film, this musical follows Dewey Finn, a wannabe rock star
posing as a substitute teacher who turns a class of straight-A students
into a guitar-shredding, bass-slapping, mind-blowing rock band. This
high-octane smash features 14 new songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber

Auditions are August 24 & 25 at Triad’s in Hudson Falls

6:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Please enter through the door on the side of the building.

We only need one night of attendance; Please be prepared to stay the whole
time, though you may not be required to.

Arrive in comfortable clothing, ready for movement, and be prepared to sing
from the character selections and possibly read.

Sheet music and sides are available at gfcommunitytheatre.org

Please bring your printed and completed audition form, also on our site.

*INSTRUMENTALISTS are asked to submit a 1-2 minute video of themselves
playing to KaylaETM at gmail.com PRIOR to auditions

Roles Available/Character Breakdown:

Dewey Finn
a wannabe rock star with big dreams. Great comic chops with improv ability.
Rock Tenor. Must have some guitar skills or be ready to learn.

Rosalie Mullins
Proper and a bit uptight, Rosalie is the headmistress of Horace Green
School. She has a secret love of rock music, and yearns to recapture the
carefree spirit of her youth.

Ned Schneebly
old friend of Dewey’s and former band mate. Still passionate about music
but does anything Patty tells him. Rock voice.

Patty DeMarco

Ned’s domineering girlfriend and she calls the shots. She doesn’t want
Dewey in her life or Ned’s. Strong belt.

Theo

Lead singer of Dewey’s Band “No Vacancy” - Too cool for school rocker.
Strong rock voice. May play other roles in ensemble.

Adult Ensemble

all actors play multiple speaking/solo singing roles including the parents
of the band, teachers at Horace Green and more. Strong singing and
character acting ability.

Rehearsals begin September 12, 2022:

MONDAY - THURSDAY 6:30 - 9:30

You may not be called for every rehearsal. We will do our best to get a
rehearsal schedule out quickly after the show is fully cast and we have
considered everyone’s conflicts.

Rehearsals will be at St George’s in South Glens Falls in their hall.