[Capdist-auditions] New Open Position

Leesa Oliver loliver at proctors.org
Thu Jul 21 16:23:28 EDT 2022

ASSOCIATE PRODUCTION MANAGER

JOB SUMMARY

Proctors Collaborative is the Capital District’s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement and economic development initiatives throughout the region. We’re changing expectations about how the arts serve a community.

Proctors Collaborative seeks an Associate Production Manager (APM) to join its Production team.   This is a full-time position that will have you face to face with performers, administration, and technicians for productions at Proctors. The APM will work with the Production Manager to make sure the venues are prepared for incoming shows and will be present for their arrival, performances, and/or departure. This position includes troubleshooting and meeting some great folks passionate about what they do. The APM makes sure they are comfortable and prepared to do their job in our venue. Actual hours are dependent on the upcoming production schedule and will be coordinated along with the Production Manager.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitate labor requirements for incoming shows including payroll (with training)
Liaison between contractors and organizations
Compare performance tech specs to our venue tech specs
Assist with hospitality needs for incoming shows, including coordinating and handling food/beverages
Organize instrument and equipment rentals, which can include transportation
Provide as positive an experience as possible for visiting tours as well as patrons
Communicate with show personnel
Perform other show duties as they arise.

POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Some Excel experience preferred but not required
Ability to keep your cool under pressure
Ensure positive onstage or backstage experience, whether it be administrative, performance, or technical
Acknowledgement of the importance of COVID compliance
Willingness to learn various aspects of the theatrical process
Positivity and a sense of humor preferred
Desire to offer the highest level of customer service.

PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Long hours including late nights and early mornings during performance weeks
Ability to walk up to five miles in a workday
Comfortable carrying capacity of at least 50 pounds
Bending, kneeling and reaching regularly
Ability to switch from sitting to standing for entire shifts.

Proctors Collaborative is committed to building a workplace that is both creative and progressive. To that end, we seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, people of color, all cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We celebrate individual differences and we strive to treat everyone with fairness and respect.

Proctors Collaborative does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.

432 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305

Please apply on-line: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=51389d2e-2a8e-4609-8f9f-8feea3ec0c45&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US

Or send your resume to the address above or submit via Loliver at proctors.org