[Capdist-auditions] Robin Hood – auditions - tech training (fee required-scholarships available)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Sun Mar 6 08:28:09 EST 2022

*Audition – Sun. March 6 from 5:30 to 7:pm_or by appointment_*

If you wanted to learn about the technical aspects of Theatre, then
Robbin Hood and the Good and Bad Fairies has given us a unique
opportunity for teaching that.

We have a number of students who want to learn more about the technical
aspects of creating a show, so we are including some tech training in
the rehearsals and show.This will include the basics of lighting –
working with our lighting board and how to program it and includes
props, sets, costumes, etc.This will include working with hand tools,
basic ones as well as cordless drills.

This show exposes some of the stage magic to the audience, trolls as
stage hands manipulating props and sets, and fairies doing their
magic.Students will also be making their own costumes from our stock of
costumes and fabric.

*A not quite classic tale of mismatched animosity and love, Human and
Fairie.*

Robin Hood and his Merry Men rob the rich and give to the poor. Robin
loves Marion, who loves Robin. Meanwhile Robin battles the Sheriff who
loves Marion, who can’t stand the Sheriff. Doing battle on their own
sides are the Fairy Queen, her court, trouble-making Fairies and Trolls
– who double as the unionized stage hands.

http://www.steamer10theatre.org/auditions

Please come prepared to read from sides – pieces of the script – no
preparation needed.

  * *Auditions – Sunday, March 6 from 5:30 to 7: pm - or by appointmnt
    *
  * Please arrive promptly, we expect numerous actors to audition.
  * *Steamer No.10 Theatre – 500 Western Ave. Albany *
  * *518-438-5503*
  * */For Ages 7 to 18/*
  * */Rehearsals weeknights Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30-8:00 – possible
    Sat. mornings – note: we will have two evening rehearsals each week,
    but need to work around other shows in rehearsal at the theatre/*
  * */Fee Required – Scholarships available/*
  * */Or by Appointment – /**/info at steamer10theatre.org/*
    <mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>
  * */Performance Dates: May /* 6-8, 13-15 – 7:pm Fridays, 3:pm Sat/Sun
  * */http://www.steamer10theatre.org/category/auditions/*
    <http://www.steamer10theatre.org/category/auditions>

*Characters* – all of the traditional characters from the Robin Hood,
plus the Fairie Queen and her court, some Bad Fairies, Trolls, etc.

*CAST* is a tuition based program – scholarships available – $300 which
covers 10 weeks of rehearsal/class two to three times each week for 2-3
hours; also covers costumes, masks, and make-up.  Scholarships are
available based on economic need.

*CAST* – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten is our Theatre Arts program.  We
produce shows with students aged 7 to 18 with rehearsals at least twice
each week over the course of a 10 week period.  The cast and crew create
the sets and costumes for the show, which has 6 to 8 performances over
two to three weekends.