[Capdist-auditions] Immediate Call for Performers

Kirsty Gaukel kgaukel at hrmm.org
Tue Sep 5 11:49:36 EDT 2023

Seeking performers for HAUNTED RONDOUT-a haunted tour featuring stories of
sunken shipwrecks, maritime murders and ghostly apparitions.

Experience the history and haunted happenings of the Rondout Creek and
Hudson Valley. Take a stroll through the Hudson River Maritime Museum and
meet our storyteller who is simply dying to share some ghostly tales with
you. Then, board our spirit ship *Solaris* as our guides recount the
creek's spine-chilling past, and introduce you to the ill-fated souls whose
lives were lost in its treacherous waters or to the creatures lurking
beneath its surface. Who knows what or who you may encounter along the way.
Performers must be 18 years or older to apply, but they do not need any
sort of haunt or professional acting experience. This opportunity is opened
to both seasoned actors and fresh faces looking to expand their experience.

*KEY DATES:REHEARSALS*
Wk/c 10/18 & 10/25 tbd

*TECH/DRESS*
9/30-10/2
Dress Run 10/3
Dress Run with invited audience 10/4

*NIGHT TOURSOctober 5th-15th, 2023*
6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm, Thursday-Sunday
Shift commitment: 5pm-10pm

*October 18th-29th, 2023*
6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm, Wednesday-Sunday
Shift commitment: 5pm-10pm

*Monday, October 30th & Tuesday, October 31st, 2023*
6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm
Shift commitment: 5pm-10pm

*MUST HAVE AVAILABILITY FROM SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 31*
Compensation: $20/hour

------------------------------
*Roles we are seeking to fill:*

*‘Thunder’ /**‘Lightening’ **- River Imps*
A spirit of someone who perished in the river and now serving as a
side-kick to the Mountain Troll Dwerg [*dwerth*], the master imp of
Dunderberg.
Responsibilities: lead the audience through the museum and serve as the
main storyteller onboard the boat entertaining the tour with haunted tales
of the river and lighthouse. tsoryteller onboard the boat.

*Dwerg the master imp/troll of Dunderberg*
Based on the folklore of The Heer ofDoner-berg, this is the Troll King and
head of the River Imps.
Responsibilities: Entertain the audience with haunted tales of the river
and lighthouse.

*All ages (18+) and genders will be considered for these roles.*

*Performers will be provided with a script and stories they are expected to
tell, but will get the opportunity to develop these characters from the
ground up with the help of our Show Direction team.*

*TO APPLY*
Those who are interested, please send an email to *kgaukel at hrmm.org
<kgaukel at hrmm.org.org>*, with the following information attached to the
email.

   - *NAME*
   - *HEADSHOT AND FULL BODY SHOT*
   - *HEIGHT*
   - *SHIRT SIZE*
   - *PANTS SIZE*
   - *DRESS SIZE (if applicable)*
   - *ROLE(S) you wish to be considered for*
   - *SHORT VIDEO (MP4 File) reading the slide below*

PLEASE SUBMIT BY 5pm on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 to be considered.
River Imp Audition Side
<https://www.hrmm.org/uploads/2/6/3/3/26336013/audition_side-river_imp.pdf>

Dwerg Audition Side
<https://www.hrmm.org/uploads/2/6/3/3/26336013/mountain_troll_dwerg_side.pdf>

Once you submit those details, you should hear back from us within 2
business days. Please send us an email if you have any other questions
regarding this opportunity to Kirsty Gaukel at kgaukel at hrmm.org.

Kirsty Gaukel

PR & Marketing Manager
*Hudson River Maritime Museum and Wooden Boat School*
50 Rondout Landing
Kingston, NY  12401
www.hrmm.org  <http://www.hrmm.org>
845-338-0071 ext.14