[Capdist-auditions] The Fantasticks Auditions at Corinth Theatre Guild May 24th

Heather Johnson hjohnson1977 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 11:11:14 EDT 2007

Audition:  The Fantasticks

  May 24th at 7pm at the Corinth Theatre Guild Building
  6 Fourth Street
  Corinth, NY

  Production Dates are July 13,14,15

  Corinth Theatre Guild is proud to present its second season of our Student Summer Intern Program.  This program is for College Students and High School students.  For those auditioning for a role please have at least 32 bars of music prepared to sing at auditions.  Other positions, besides actors/actresses we are looking for are the following:

  Lighting and sound operator
  Costuming
  Set Design
  Backstage help
  Accomopanist
  Percussionist
  Harpist

  Description of characters in The Fantasticks:

          THE NARRATOR (El Gallo)   A rakish, handsome gallant
Baritone: A flat - High G
    THE GIRL (Luisa)   A romantic idealist
Soprano: B - High B
    THE BOY (Matt)   An innocent young man
Baritone/Tenor: A - High G
    THE BOY'S FATHER (Hucklebee)   Former navy man, meticulous gardener
Baritone: A - High F sharp
    THE GIRL'S FATHER (Bellomy)   A merchant, also a picky gardener
Baritone: A - High F sharp
    THE ACTOR (Henry)   An aging, over-the-top thespian
Non-singing
    THE MAN WHO DIES (Mortimer)   Henry's goofy sidekick
Non-singing
    THE MUTE   A speechless presence who watches, acts as the wall, and so on. Male or female.
Non-singing

  For more information please contact Heather Johnson 518-668-5635 or email hjohnson1977 at yahoo.com.  Thank you.