[Capdist-auditions] Registration now open for Young Actors Guild Fall Program - Fee Required

D'Amico, Mary Allison damicm at rpi.edu
Thu Aug 16 12:40:54 EDT 2012

Young Actors Guild Announce Open Registration for our Fall Program

The Area's Longest-Running Program Dedicated To Youth Theatre Education, Now in our 23rd Year at RPI!
“BUILDING GOOD CHARACTER BOTH ON AND OFF STAGE”

REGISTRATION IS LIMITED!

Young Actors Guild provides a quality theater education in an appropriate and safe environment where children thrive and grow, both as performers and in their life skills!

Since 1989, YAG has been providing young people of all different backgrounds and experience the opportunity to explore and perform musical theater together in an educational, supportive, and professional environment. Every year, YAG produces original theater productions, as well as a number of Musical Theater Productions with our Student Body (composed each semester of 45 - 60 kids ages 6-18).

Our program promotes growth both on the personal level, as well as enhancing social development. Historically, our students have moved on to become doctors, lawyers, educators, as well as performers.

For the past 15 years we have provided a college internship program for students studying in all fields related to theater arts; performance,technical and apprentice opportunities are available to high school students who excel and display leadership both on stage and off.

YAG offers 8 program sessions a year; 5 one-week vacation camps, the 5 week summer camp and our 10 week sessions, both in the Fall and the Spring (this is our Back Stage and Center Stage Program).
During the Fall and Spring Sessions, our students receive classes in music, acting and dance on Saturday mornings for 10 weeks. These classes are taught by professional teaching artists. In addition to classes, they rehearse on Saturday afternoons for full-scale, professionally-done productions, culminating each semester.

Need-based scholarships are available.

Center Stage Program

Our program runs on Saturday
mornings. The students attend