[Capdist-auditions] Summer registration in underway at YAG - Fee required

D'Amico, Mary Allison damicm at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:54:41 EDT 2012

Summer 2012 Programs Sign up today and save!

5-Week Summer 2012 Center Stage Program
July 9-August 10, 2012 - Day Program - Ages 6-18

Our Center Stage Summer Program runs for five weeks from 9:00am to 3:00pm, Monday - Friday, with productions taking place the Friday and Saturday evenings the last two weekends of the program. There is before and after care available for an additional fee.

1-Week Summer 2012 Vacation One-Week Acting Programs
Session 1: June 25-29, 2012 - Day Program - Ages 6-13
Session 2: August 13-17, 2012 - Day Program - Ages 6-13

We are happy to announce that we will be holding two different one-week acting programs for ages 6-13 from 9:00am to 3:00pm (drop-off 8:30-9:00am and pick-up 3:00-4:00pm). We will do improv, acting games, music and other creative activities. This workshop is a skill building only workshop. The program will be held at the Mueller Center on 15th Street on the RPI campus. For additional information and registration forms please go summer.rpi.edu or http://yag.rpi.edu

Come join us for another awesome summer of theatre! Shows will be chosen based on registration! Students will be grouped according to age for classes. Here is a sampling of some of the courses we will be offering this summer.

Acting and Theatre: Our Acting Workshop gives participants an understanding of the skills required to stage and perform in successful productions. The curriculum is designed to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for the many faceted discipline of theatre arts including pantomime, speech and diction, and improvisation.

Musical Theatre Appreciation: Our Musical Appreciation Course is an activity and fun-filled course where the participants are involved in activities related to watching and critiquing musical theatre and listening to and talking about songs. During the course, participants will engage in all kinds of musical theatre from different genres and songs which have been carefully selected by the instructor.

Creative Writing: Our creative Writing Course is aimed at developing a participant's creative thinking process and helping to channel this thinking into fluent writing. The participant will be encouraged to develop the skills required for writing short stories and also to extend these stories into play form. We hope to promote a writers growth as an individual and to use language as a means to that end. The ultimate goal of the class is to develop these original writings into pieces to be performed at the "Informance" at the end of the program.

Dance and Movement: Our students study different styles of dance. Each class will begin with a ballet warm-up and then the instructor takes the participants through a series of movement, combination, and leaps. This class includes a variety of appropriate musical genres. Each class then prepares a dance performance to be staged for our end of program "Informance."

Music Theory and Voice: Our music class concentrates on two main skills. The first is composition and theory which many students have not had the opportunity to study, and the other is voice. Our voice classes concentrate on appropriate posture, breathing and of course the joy of singing. Each class aims to produce some music stylings, to be performed at our "Informance."

Stage Combat: Stage Combat is a specialized technique in theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without putting the actors at risk of personal harm. This is all staged while looking realistic and spontaneous to the audience.