[Capdist-auditions] URGENT: RPI Players Seeking Male Actor/Musician for 'Much Ado About Nothing'

Jonathan Janssen jonathan.s.janssen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:41:50 EDT 2012

All,

The RPI Players are urgently seeking a male actor for their production of
William Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'.

We are looking for someone who can play guitar to play and sing the role of
the minstrel Balthasar. Music is a significant component of the show –
there is a masquerade ball that features two renaissance dances (a pavane
and a galliard), an original song, and a funeral dirge. In addition to the
music, the role also has about a dozen spoken lines. We would need to
practice the dances with live music for some rehearsals between now and
tech week which begins on Nov 4.

If anyone is interested in the role, please contact the director at
marc.destefano at gmail.com as soon as possible.

The show and rehearsals will take place at the RPI Playhouse in Troy, NY.

We hope someone out there can help. Thank you very much

Show dates:
Friday 11/9: 8PM curtain
Saturday 11/10: 8PM curtain
Sunday 11/11: 2PM matinee
Friday 11/16: 8PM curtain
Saturday 11/17: Closing performance, 8PM curtain