[Capdist-auditions] Audition Notice

David Rubenstein musictogo at hvc.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 11:44:14 EDT 2018

Coach House Players is in immediate need of a female actor who can play about 30-40 years old for the character of “Mama” in the wonderful drama A Shayna Maidel.  Coach house Players is located at 12 Augusta Street in Kingston, NY 12401.  Although this is not a “huge” role, it is a very poignant role concerning memories and fantasies about Mama, who died in the Holocaust. A Shayna Maidel has an extremely intelligent script.  The character of Mama speaks without accent, with the exception of about a half dozen lines which are in Yiddish (coaching for correct pronunciation of Yiddish lines will be provided). There is great depth to each of the characters. We already have a very talented cast. The actor who initially accepted the role of Mama had to drop out due to work conflicts. Coach House Players is community theatre, and there is no pay. Ongoing rehearsals are typically Monday/Wednesday/Thursday or Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 7-9 PM. Play dates are November 9, 10, 11, 16, 17 and 18.  Please feel free to contact me for an expedient audition, or with any questions you may have.  We are one week into rehearsals.  I need to cast the character of Mama as quickly as possible.

David Rubenstein
Director, A Shayna Maidel
(845) 688-5024
musictogo at hvc.rr.com