[Capdist-auditions] Classes and Workshops for Grade 8-Freshman in College!! Fee Required

Berenis, Leigh leigh at saratogachildrenstheatre.org
Tue Sep 17 13:41:57 EDT 2019

[image: viewpoints .jpg]

*Viewpoint Class*
Grades: 8-12

*Developed in the latter half of the 20th century, Viewpoints is a
technique designed for actors to work in relation to one another. By
implementing Viewpoints into a rehearsal process, it became easier for
creators to find “viscerally dynamic moments of theatre” through this sort
of physical improvisation. The thing about viewpoints is they really can’t
be explained, they must be experienced, so come join us every other week
for drop in classes where we’ll explore this technique in order to allow
bolder choices and more risk taking in performance. Each class will begin
with a short series of activities to connect everyone as a group before we
begin working with the specific Viewpoints. Repetition of this class is
encouraged, as the technique grows with repeated experience. Students are
asked to arrive with an open mind, willing to explore a new technique with
others. Dress in clothes that you can move in. Instructor: Noah Casner*

Tuesdays:* October 15th, 29th, November 12th, 26th 5:30-7pm at the Saratoga
Senior Center (5 Williams Street)*

*Drop in rate to show up per class: $15*

*Pay for the series: $48
<https://saratogachildrenstheatre.org/shop/#!/Viewpoints-Acting-Class/p/150493959/category=28540350>*

[image: strasberg.jpg]

*Strasberg Workshop*
Grades 9-Freshman in College

*Lee Strasberg has been called “the father of method acting.” His technique
has influenced acting legends such as Robert DeNiro, Jane Fonda and Sally
Field, as well as brilliant younger actors such as Rachel Brosnahan (The
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) and Miles Teller (Whiplash). In this workshop, we’ll
delve into some of Strasberg’s training, beginning with his famous
relaxation exercise and leading into a sense memory exercise which lies at
the heart of “the method.” You’ll learn the beginnings of this world-famous
technique and learn how to apply it to your work in a scene. Students are
asked to dress comfortably in clothes that won’t restrict movement.
Instructor: Noah Casner*

*Saturday, December 21st 12:00pm-2:00pm at the Saratoga Senior Center (5
Williams Street)*

Fee:$25
<https://saratogachildrenstheatre.org/shop/#!/Strasberg-Workshop/p/150493628/category=28540350>

*Combine with Grotowski Workshop for $40 for both classes
<https://saratogachildrenstheatre.org/shop/#!/Combo-Strasberg-and-Grotowski-Workshop/p/150491661/category=28540350>*

[image: grotowski.jpg]

*Grotowski Workshop*
Grades 9-Freshman in College

*Have you ever heard of Jerzy Grotowski? That’s okay! Most people haven’t!
Beginning in the 1960s, Grotowski led acting classes in Poland that relied
less on the mind and more on the body, as he believed “it is our bodies
that express everything about us.” As a result, one cannot be truthful in
their acting until their body is fully involved in the work. We’ll take a
look at some basic Grotowski exercises that connect mind and body and
discuss how a technique that’s so experimental can be used practically in
traditional western theatre. Participants are asked to come dressed ready
to move and with a short piece of text memorized. We ask that you memorize
something new, no longer than four sentences, from a non-prosaic text such
as a magazine article, instruction manual, or non-fiction book(no poems,
monologues, excerpts from fiction, etc.) Instructor: Noah Casner*

*Monday, December 30th 5:00pm-7:00pm at the Saratoga Senior Center (5
Williams Street)*

Fee:$25
<https://saratogachildrenstheatre.org/shop/#!/Grotowski-Workshop/p/150491656/category=28540350>

*Combine with Strasberg Workshop for $40 for both classes
<https://saratogachildrenstheatre.org/shop/#!/Combo-Strasberg-and-Grotowski-Workshop/p/150491661/category=28540350>*

Leigh Berenis
Executive Director
Saratoga Children's Theatre, Inc.